Round 26 - Storm vs Titans AAMI Park, 26th Aug

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

With Harry starting from the bench (which I agree with, along with Nelson) I was keenly watching the rotations. I reckon it was about 27 minutes in before Welch and shortly after Tui got benched for Tom and Harry (Harry/Tom). It worked well and I think Garlic may have played the full 80

When Paps came on I thought we may have been a bit undersized, maybe with opposition tiring it was time to go small? We were also tiring very badly, of course we didn't help ourselves with discipline and opposition conning the ref.

Tepai showed why he's a bench player and I couldn't get him off quick enough. (His game against the Warriors two years ago was clearly very much a flash in the pan)

Munster with his F*CKING short line drop outs, why, anyone, WHY? He doesn't do it on a re-start when we're over 60 metres away...

Re the getting outside of our wingers, I always say it but the inner blokes are not pushing out hard enough.

The kick through worked today and could've been used a couple more times (not with the benefit of hindsight either) but sitting there live.

Tino really is a monster you can build a team around, he's work ethic is superb.

Did we miss Josh King today???

For the learned fellows amongst us, a question.
Voluntary tackle probably hasn't been called for decades. When a fellow takes the catch a metre out from the line and falls to the ground why don't we as a defence stand off the player and let them lay there and give the ref no choice but to call the penalty, OR, stand there and wait for the fellow to move forward and pick them up and drive them back in to the in-goal? It infuriates me or just is it that I don't know the rule correctly? (Happy to be corrected)
Bartos
Squall
Squall

Lucas wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 9:34 pm If the knights beat the sharks tomorrow there is nothing to play for next week. We could play Aaron pene at half back.
Yes. If this happens I reckon we play a reserve grade side next week, lose and allow Broncs first and us fourth and beat them the next week to get a prelim at home
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Newcastle just did us a massive favour and won. Top 4 locked in
Storm_M_36
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

No doubt dumb NRL will fixture our second finals clash on the same day/night that two Victorian AFL powerhouses clash across the road at the G.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Team for next week locked in:
1 - sua
2 - Anderson
3 - Smith
4 - olam
5 - Bradley
6 - nikorima
7 - wishart
8 - pene
9 - garlick
10 - King
11 - howarth
12 - Sims
13 - MacDonald

14 - Lewis
15 - Chan
16 - eisenhuth
17 - Papenhuyzen
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Geyer for Garlick
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Not a big believer in resting players a week before finals but after the year we’ve had I think it’s a perfect time for it, not just for the rest the regular guys need, I think this is the first time in a long time that with a fully fit squad heading into the finals we still haven’t got all positions locked down, so I would use this weeks game as a platform for guys like Papi, Smith, Olam, Macca, Sims etc to prove why they should get into the 17 for the big stage.

Seriously what a chance to show your hand and prove you deserve a place in the team, for me spots are up for grabs and we need to give some guys a chance, that being said we do have the Falcons in the finals again this weekend so I don’t want to disrupt them too much but the Storm first grade side always takes priority.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Wonder if we see a super weird team on Thursday just so we can rest some players while not taking everybody back from the Tigers or Falcons in the middle of their finals series.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

blazza18 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:42 am Wonder if we see a super weird team on Thursday just so we can rest some players while not taking everybody back from the Tigers or Falcons in the middle of their finals series.
Yeah, it'd be a terrible shame to rape and pillage and possibly end the finals campaigns of the feeder clubs. Tough balancing act.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Tigers have the week off...
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Debut Cole Geyer and Joe chan they have the week off

I’ve literally spent the whole year trying to get Storm to debut Sua and Jack and the bloody week they can and most likely will I’m conflicted and don’t want them too

Trouble is if falcons win they run in to the tigers and only one can make the final anyway so do you debut Sua and Jack bring back juzzy and Chris maybe Aaron and concede defeat on purpose or do you let them play hope they win and have an all storm semi final

Ahhhhhhhh this hurts so much