R24 Sun - Melbourne v Canberra @ AAMI

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Rapana with a trip and some knees attempting to prevent a couple of tries... play on. :rolleye:
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Boys look locked in, no complacency at all they know this is a must win, defence has been great it’s been so long since we held a team tryless in the opening 40 very happy with that, attack has been ok right edge lethal left edge sloppy, Meaney hasn’t really offered much I think Paps is going to come back in next week no doubt about it now. Welch has been high energy, liked Garlicks first spell I thought he was busy and created Welch’s try, overall solid effort by the lads.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Great to see Katoa back in starting 13.

Jahrome taking the line on.

As Papenhuyzen23 said Young T not having the best milestone game. Two of his errors early in the tackle count and threw our challenge away too.

NAS has been awesome since coming on. I love him coming off the bench.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Vintage Storm play that one for Harry's try.
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Lovely try, Grant & Meaney that was unreal 🔥
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Olam not beating his man on the outside or Young cutting back inside for no metres. Not sure which is worse?
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We look really good when the forward pack holds their weight or when we're not playing Penrith. Great showing from the team in this one.
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

blazza18 wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 3:30 pm Olam not beating his man on the outside or Young cutting back inside for no metres. Not sure which is worse?
I was thinking this lol, Reimis and Seve in the centres for me now haha.

Great win by the boys, still a few little chinks but our defence was top notch and our attack was flowing, Hughes and particularly Grant the standouts for me, Grant was incredible those 2 are the key to a deep September run for me, was nice to see a performance like that, top 4 looking good Paps almost back it’s exciting times 👏
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Good effort to keep the Raiders tryless, the win and scoreline should give the side a bit of a confidence boost.
That said, the Raiders only beat the tigers by an incorrectly awarded try last week, so hopefully they don't get too cocky
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Papenhuyzen23 wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 3:20 pm Lovely try, Grant & Meaney that was unreal 🔥
Tepai Moeroa was important in that try too. Made a good run, required 4 Raiders to tackle him. Relatively quick play the ball. Grant and Meaney were then able to take advantage of the offside tacklers.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I agree with Papenhuyzen23 if fit Will Warbrick comes back onto the wing and Reimis takes Young's spot at centre.

Marion Seve has been very good at centre.

I think Papenhuyzen plays another 80 in Qld Cup next week and if he gets through that is number 14 v Titans the week after. Imagine the crowd reaction when he comes on.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Was Tui hurt? He didn't come back after his first stint
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

In honour of how long he was letting them sleep on us after each tackle today, I am hereby naming the snooze button on my alarm 'Grant Atkins'
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Thoughts on the Grant tactic today? It paid off unbelievably well but was that just coincidence? Grant looked SO SHARP when he came on and missed all the initial fire and brimstone, maybe we run with that set up to finish the season off? Cant argue with results Garlick was great early and Grant was best on ground after he came on, food for thought.
The Black Dot
Squall
Squall

I was wondering just how bad Munter's injuries are/were.

If the reports of him suffering a rib injury and a cut in the leg were correct and they were more significant than minor issues, that would explain his form.