Round 23 V Panthers Friday

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Papenhuyzen23 wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 9:41 pm What’s embarrassing is when one eyed supporters are unable to admit the team is playing poorly, but keep deluding yourself into believing this was a good effort champ.
OK champ, you keep looking for the negative if that makes you happy.
Considering the mountain of possession the panthers had in the first half, that second half could have easily been a blow out. They showed plenty of effort and heart to keep Penrith to 1 try past an out of position hooker. Panthers currently have our number, along with the number of every other club.

As far as I'm seeing, this year's premiership is the panthers to lose, that's just the unfortunate reality.
Welcome to how other supporters felt during our golden years
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

6 points in the second half …a lot better then I thought
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

yourhero wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 10:01 pm I would love for us to compete for high balls on the last (don’t think we did once tonight). We don’t give ourselves a chance of coming up with the pill or pressuring for an error.

I assume it is a defensive tactic to avoid being burned if our jumpers are beaten (which has happened in the past), but you have to be competing for possession at every opportunity to give yourself every chance.
I feel that was a deliberate tactic to try and limit Dylan Edwards space and impact, and by and large it seemed to work. He loves broke play about as much as slater did
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

We missed 40+ tackles again, double digits for errors and penalties again, I’m not saying we didn’t show some resolve but we were thoroughly outplayed and it’s hard to watch such a proud club keep showing up with a whimper on the big stage.

Big changes for next week for me, assuming the injured brigade are ok and Paps gets through QLD Cup this weekend unscathed I’d go with:

1. Papenhuyzen
2. Coates
3. Smith
4. Tonumaipea
5. Warbrick
6. Munster
7. Hughes
8. NAS
9. Grant (c)
10. Kamikamika
11. Katoa
12. Eisenhuth
13. King

14. Meaney
15. Moeroa
16. MacDonald
17. Howarth

Bye bye Seve, Welch, Loiero, Wishart enough is enough. Meaney as the utility can slot in anywhere in the backline. Give Grant the “c”.
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Just saw a clip of the Luai shoulder charge on Asofa-Solomona.

That’s an absolute shocker.

Here it is for anyone who hasn’t seen it: https://twitter.com/mrchrisnico/status/ ... O0jTqMQ3ag

Given what we’ve seen in the last 48 hours he is very, very lucky he wasn’t sent-off let alone sin-binned.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Our kick chase tactics are honestly weird. We hardly contest or we’re in the downtown rule and have to give up a free 10m
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Papenhuyzen23 wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 9:21 pm Now we are carrying on like children because we are getting embarrassed, I’ve never been more let down by the boys this is poor.

I’m not kidding Young T & Moeroa are the only ones on the paddock having a crack, running into hard contact, tackling hard and really showing any care or urgency, the rest can walk home.
I thought Katoa had a crack when he was finally brought on.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

riders of the storm wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 10:15 pm Just saw a clip of the Luai shoulder charge on Asofa-Solomona.

That’s an absolute shocker.

Here it is for anyone who hasn’t seen it: https://twitter.com/mrchrisnico/status/ ... O0jTqMQ3ag

Given what we’ve seen in the last 48 hours he is very, very lucky he wasn’t sent-off let alone sin-binned.
Amazingly NAS dropped the ball because of that and Panthers pick it up and it was play on. Panthers would have scored in corner if last pass to winger was decent.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 8:52 pmEvery time our ruck gets dominated, we start looking for the easy option in attack. We try to force an offload or spread it wide instead of knuckling down and having a dig. NAS aside.

That actually is lazy IMO. Looking for a shortcut.
Not sure if Craig ever used the word ‘lazy’, but he basically said everything else above in his post match presser. Said about 4 times we were looking for a shortcut.
Stormhunter
Squall
Squall

Lennart Bedrager wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 9:36 pm
Papenhuyzen23 wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 9:34 pm Just when we think it can’t get any worse, we just had how much ball in the red zone and absolutely embarrassed ourselves. EMBARASSING!
What's embarrassing is how much you're throwing your toys out of the cot.
The second half has been a pretty good effort all things considered
Ignore them. It's our resident pet troll doing their annual routine. They'll post a thousand times, getting increasingly negative until getting banned during the semis.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Scooter wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 10:25 pmAmazingly NAS dropped the ball because of that and Panthers pick it up and it was play on. Panthers would have scored in corner if last pass to winger was decent.
For De Belin’s ridiculous send-off, it was 2 sets later. Panthers don’t score and the ref explicitly says after putting Luai on report, “We’re playing on”.

It’s really, really hard sometimes to maintain the assumption that certain ref’s are not biased and just doing their best.
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Stormhunter wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 10:38 pm
Papenhuyzen23 wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 9:34 pm Just when we think it can’t get any worse, we just had how much ball in the red zone and absolutely embarrassed ourselves. EMBARASSING!
Ignore them. It's our resident pet troll doing their annual routine. They'll post a thousand times, getting increasingly negative until getting banned during the semis.
I’m a troll because I said we played poorly?

Ok you peanut. I’ve been on the forum all year being positive and posting in multiple threads, you don’t like me bagging the guys because you are one eyed and can’t be subjective, get a life pal.
The Black Dot
Squall
Squall

You cannot blame the ref but I'd be interested if there's a record of how many times we have won when Gee is officiating.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Wow - Fox Sports heard Craig talking about Jennings' unfortunate suspected MCL injury effectively ruling him out for the rest of the season, and very quickly posted a 'Breaking News' banner proclaiming "Xavier Coates Sidelined Long Term", followed by the Fox League panelists repeating the breaking news that "Coates has done quite a serious medial ligament injury" and discussing how it will be a huge blow for our Finals hopes.
:rolleye:
Stormhunter
Squall
Squall

Papenhuyzen23 wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 10:43 pm
Stormhunter wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 10:38 pm

I’m a troll because I said we played poorly?

Ok you peanut. I’ve been on the forum all year being positive and posting in multiple threads, you don’t like me bagging the guys because you are one eyed and can’t be subjective, get a life pal.
Don't forget to change your user id while posting. 'Cos last time was a little...'EMBARASSING!'