Round 23 V Panthers Friday

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
The Black Dot
Squall
Squall

ROUND 23 - FRIDAY 4TH AUGUST

1 Nick Meaney
2 Will Warbrick
3 Marion Seve
4 Young Tonumaipea
5 Xavier Coates
6 Cameron Munster
7 Jahrome Hughes
8 Tui Kamikamica
9 Harry Grant
10 Christian Welch
11 Trent Loiero
12 Nelson Asofa-Solomona
13 Josh King

14 Tom Eisenhuth
15 Alec MacDonald
16 Tepai Moeroa
17 Eliesa Katoa

18 Tyran Wishart
19 Bronson Garlick
20 Jonah Pezet
21 George Jennings
22 Grant Anderson
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Interesting game this one, Panthers made us look pretty silly a month ago after one of our better starts in recent times. For whatever reason after 30 minutes we just lost the plot, we need to capture that initial 30 and turn it into an 80 minute performance to be any chance. Panthers are the benchmark now and we have our work cut out for us there is no doubting that, having Katoa back and fit is a big plus and NAS should be well rested after a week out. Interesting to see Papenhuyzen and Olam both playing QLD cup this weekend, I wonder if when both/either make it back to the top squad, also interesting reading the injury report, claims that Riemis was good to return this week but not named either, whilst Young T looked to have torn an hammy last week yet is in the squad, also an all forward bench I’m sure there will be some alterations to the 17 before kick off!

I’m feeling it though, us by 2 points! ⚡️⚡️⚡️
big_m
Squall
Squall

Katoa into the starting lineup and nas to the bench, then we finally have a bench that can make a big impact. Nas and big tepai coming on once penrith are tired. Looking forward to this one.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Craig at presser this morning said Hughes is ill and Coates has a sore hip, and Craig not sure if they will be ok for tomorrow night.
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Didn’t sound too promising, looks like they both might be late scratchings, probably see Jennings and Pezet come in, big task made to be a lot bigger now, hopefully the boys can step up, Munster needs to grab this game by the throat now for us to be any chance.
Storm_M_36
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

"Storm: Jahrome Hughes failed to take part in Thursday's training session due to sickness and is in doubt to take on the Panthers, along with winger Xavier Coates who failed to complete it due to a hip complaint. Coach Craig Bellamy said he was uncertain on the status of Hughes, who was seeing a doctor, but offered an update on Coates. "He is in danger, without a doubt, I can't say that he is definitely going to play," Bellamy said. Nelson Asofa-Solomona looks set to return from the finger injury that kept him out of the Eels game but with four forwards on the bench there is plenty of depth should he need another week off. Superstar fullback Ryan Papenhuyzen returns from a knee injury with Sunshine Coast Falcons on Saturday evening."

Source Nrl.com

Going to be bloody hard for us to win without Hughes, who absolutely tore the Eels to threads! But, look how well the Panthers played against us with-out Clearly! If we want to be finals contenders we need to step up during these big games, otherwise we'll be simply making up the numbers come September.
Storm_M_36
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Also, does anybody know how we can watch the match on the Sunshine Coast Live? As I doubt it will be on Foxtel.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

You can get a subscription through the Q Cup somehow but I don't know the details
Storm_M_36
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Mattpoet wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 6:03 pm You can get a subscription through the Q Cup somehow but I don't know the details
Thanks. I'm surprised they aren't free! I've had a look and they are charging the following:
$6.99 for 48hr access
$9.99 p/m or
$49.99 p/y

Might consider the 48hr pass if you cast it to the TV.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Storm_M_36 wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 6:33 pm
Mattpoet wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 6:03 pm You can get a subscription through the Q Cup somehow but I don't know the details
Thanks. I'm surprised they aren't free! I've had a look and they are charging the following:
$6.99 for 48hr access
$9.99 p/m or
$49.99 p/y

Might consider the 48hr pass if you cast it to the TV.
I’ve had the season pass for the last 3 seasons it’s totally worth it for every game of the civil Connell hasting deering and the women’s plus all the cup games…it’s totally worth it …they literally added the $10 and $7 the other day I’m not even joking those options were never an option till 2 weeks ago

Can rule out Jahrome and Xavier went to capt run this morning George was on the wing and Jonah was in for Rome
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

As long as the injuries are nothing serious this game really isn't the worst one to miss. Would've been over the moon with a competitive loss even if we were 100%
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Purple rain or Black Friday for us tonight?
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Tonight needs to be an old school defensive masterclass, we need to slow the tempo WAY down, kick well, be aggressive off our line all night, focus on hard work and making tackles, limiting errors, no flash & no risks we can’t win this game if they score more than 2 tries I believe, our forwards need to aim up and our backs can’t be lazy for a second. Do I think we are capable of it? Sure, but I haven’t seen what’s required for a long time from this current outfit, maybe tonight the boys makes their stand and show the rest of the competition we are still a force. Fire up boys!!!! Us to win 12-10
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

We are going get flogged. I really confident until the changes in the team made last night. Now it is all over. Move onto next week and lets hope there are no injuries
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Tom Eisenhuth starts in the second row.
NAS, Tepai, Eli and Tyran on the bench.
Garlick 18th man and MacDonald drops out.