Round 23 V Panthers Friday

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Bartos
Squall
Squall

FFS Niukore got binned for a tiny slap in the earlier game, Luai shoulder charges Nelson's face off and nah play on all good there.
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Now we are carrying on like children because we are getting embarrassed, I’ve never been more let down by the boys this is poor.

I’m not kidding Young T & Moeroa are the only ones on the paddock having a crack, running into hard contact, tackling hard and really showing any care or urgency, the rest can walk home.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Wasting a good Young performance is going to suck when he comes back down to earth too.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

They’ve given Harry and Munster no room to do anything. Our forward pack and Penrith’s defence that is.
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Just when we think it can’t get any worse, we just had how much ball in the red zone and absolutely embarrassed ourselves. EMBARASSING!
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Papenhuyzen23 wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 9:34 pm Just when we think it can’t get any worse, we just had how much ball in the red zone and absolutely embarrassed ourselves. EMBARASSING!
What's embarrassing is how much you're throwing your toys out of the cot.
The second half has been a pretty good effort all things considered
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

What’s embarrassing is when one eyed supporters are unable to admit the team is playing poorly, but keep deluding yourself into believing this was a good effort champ.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

This game has gone exactly how I thought it would …less point thank god
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Been awful hasn’t it Sally? Next weeks game vs Raiders is massive now, I expect a huge response.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If we end up coming back here in the finals we’re going to have to come up with some trick shots or something. We really haven’t looked like scoring in this matchup for a few seasons now.
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

blazza18 wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 9:47 pm If we end up coming back here in the finals we’re going to have to come up with some trick shots or something. We really haven’t looked like scoring in this matchup for a few seasons now.
Agree Blazza, if the personel aren’t going to change then the tactics need to, but at the end of the day it’s all pointless if we don’t increase the effort and intensity. Too many guys just going through the motions expecting a loss, we seem beaten mentally some games before we run out.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Slightly better second half but that’s not saying a lot. Even when we managed to get some field possession, we didn’t look likely in attack.

The Panthers errors in the second half flattered us a bit.

There’s not much more to say. Panthers are too good and we don’t have a real answer at the moment.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Panthers completed at 84%
Storm completed at 72%

Panthers 40 Tackle Breaks
Storm 23 Tackle Breaks
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

That period just before half-time with that weird Welch off-load and the two King penalties were really costly.

Outside of that - losing Jennings midway through the first-half, not having Hughes and Coates, and having to do that much defence I’ll take that loss.

The second-half was an improvement as that scoreline really should have blown out.

Really need a bounce back next week against the Raiders though.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I would love for us to compete for high balls on the last (don’t think we did once tonight). We don’t give ourselves a chance of coming up with the pill or pressuring for an error.

I assume it is a defensive tactic to avoid being burned if our jumpers are beaten (which has happened in the past), but you have to be competing for possession at every opportunity to give yourself every chance.