Round 22 vs Eels

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Round 22 Women in League
8:00pm Kick-off Friday 28th July - Marvel Stadium
Referee - Ashley Klein

1. Nick Meaney
2. William Warbrick
3. Marion Seve
4. Young Tonumaipea
5. Xavier Coates
6. Cameron Munster
7. Jahrome Hughes
8. Tui Kamikamica
9. Harry Grant
10. Christian Welch
11. Trent Loiero
12. Tom Eisenhuth
13. Josh King

14. Bronson Garlick
15. Alec MacDonald
16. Eliesa Katoa
17. Tyran Wishart

18. Grant Anderson
19. Chris Lewis
20. Tepai Moeroa
21. Aaron Pene
22. Jayden Nikorima

- Olam finally DROPPED!!
- Reimis and NAS out injured
- Seve and Young T recalled as a new centre combo
- Katoa back via the bench

Eels

1. Clinton Gutherson 2. Waqa Blake 3. Viliami Penisini 4. Bailey Simonsson 5. Sean Russell 6. Daejarn Asi 7. Mitchell Moses 8. Ofahiki Ogden 9. Brendan Hands 10. Junior Paulo 11. Andrew Davey 12. Bryce Cartwright 13. J'maine Hopgood 14. Luca Moretti 15. Joe Ofahengaue 16. Joey Lussick 17. Ryan Matterson 18. Haze Dunster 19. Makahesi Makatoa 20. Wiremu Greig 21. Ky Rodwell 22. Jack Murchie
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I love juzzy but for a while he looks like he just know he won’t get dropped …I hope this is the reality check he needs
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I just think his kamikaze style of play has finally caught up with his body, he looks busted and unable to play the way he was effective for us, it’s a shame because at his peak I loved watching him more than anyone, but I think this off season we need to find a replacement for that left centre spot, I can’t see him ever getting back to the level he was at unfortunately that broken arm seems to have destroyed his confidence and ability.

Any word on what’s happened to NAS in regards to a new injury Sally?
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

There was no way you could spin Olam's performance on the weekend and he's gradually gotten worse since being dropped a month or so ago.

Still crazy Howarth can't even make the squad given everything. Another season he'll go without playing first grade for whatever reason.
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

blazza18 wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:21 pm There was no way you could spin Olam's performance on the weekend and he's gradually gotten worse since being dropped a month or so ago.

Still crazy Howarth can't even make the squad given everything. Another season he'll go without playing first grade for whatever reason.
Agree mate, Bellamy made the call that needed to be made unfortunately for Justin, but it had to be done.

I’m also perplexed about Howarth, has he just not kicked on as expected? Do they have a long term plan for him? Bit of a strange one.

Just saw the injury report on Reimis and NAS, not bad news:

- Smith 2-3 weeks with a Adductor Strain
- NAS 1-2 weeks with a pinky injury
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

What happened to Jennings? I thought he was our best option for replacing Olam by far! :scratch:
big_m
Squall
Squall

big tepai back in the reserves
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I can only imagine they view Jennings as more a winger than a centre, surprised Young T got another shot ahead of him also.

Tepai was MOTM for the Falcons last week, wouldn’t be upset if he got another crack, at his absolute best he is good enough for our bench.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Olam had to go after last week. Some of those defensive decisions were unbelievable… I thought he was going to be hooked at one stage.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I haven’t been around the forum in a while, what are the thoughts on Garlick and Wishart?

I can’t see what Bellamy sees in either. Granted, I’m not the greatest coach in history and not pretending to know more than Craig, but I haven’t seen enough for either to be getting semi-regular spots in first grade. Both on the bench feels very… meh.
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I tend to agree about Garlick and Wishart, both have shown glimpses but are not really that effective other than pure utility value, which I think Wishart edges Garlick in due to his ability to slot in more positions.

I’m surprised guys like Fa’alogo, Nikorima or Howarth haven’t been used more in that 14 jumper.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Glad the courageous call has been made. Hope it builds Olam rather than defeats him.

I haven't seen a less intimidating centre combo in recent history, Penisini and Blake licking their lips. Have just remortgaged the house on a same game multi, Young T to score, let in a try and get sin binned all within the 1st half.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Good to see you posting again YH.

Both Wishart and Garlick seem like hard workers and good trainers to me which is why both players are liked enough by Bellamy to play them.

Think both have offered something in limited roles when given the opportunity (and when Wishart actually plays in his preferred spot) but neither really has made an impact as a bench player yet particularly because Bellamy doesn’t bring them on when the game actually matters.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I love Justin but agree he had to be dropped sadly. As mentioned above, has not been the same since his broken arm.

I don't see the point of having both Garlick and Wishart on the bench. Only need one utility.

Wouldn't mind seeing both Aaron and Tepai play.

Others have mentioned Mr 500k. Other question I have is what does Jordan Grant have to do to be picked in extended squad.
The Black Dot
Squall
Squall

nacho wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 6:39 pm Glad the courageous call has been made. Hope it builds Olam rather than defeats him.

I haven't seen a less intimidating centre combo in recent history, Penisini and Blake licking their lips. Have just remortgaged the house on a same game multi, Young T to score, let in a try and get sin binned all within the 1st half.
I was thinking in the same set of six.