Round 22 vs Eels

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

As much as I’m against it I think Bellamy gives Olam a final chance at redemption, being dropped twice now is usually fatal for a 1st grader but I know Bellamy is loyal, if Olam fails to fire this last time surely that is curtains on his Storm career.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm sure Bellamy will resort to bringing back Olam if Young can't go next week, but I'm also fairly certain that Olam's issues aren't due to a drop in form or just failing to "fire", but more to do with his arm injury/limitation hindering his abilities (and confidence), and that clearly makes him a liability that should exclude him from selection eligibility. But it probably won't.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Insomniac wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 12:17 am I'm sure Bellamy will resort to bringing back Olam if Young can't go next week, but I'm also fairly certain that Olam's issues aren't due to a drop in form or just failing to "fire", but more to do with his arm injury/limitation hindering his abilities (and confidence), and that clearly makes him a liability that should exclude him from selection eligibility. But it probably won't.
Agreed. Bellamy did the drop him for a week motivation thing already and he didn't improve. Probably better in the long run if he spends more time out of the first grade side.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Is it correct chasers in front of the kicker must allow the catcher of the ball 10 metres? Twice Cartwright was in front and made the tackle, or do I have this wrong?

Is anyone else struck with how similar Harry looks to Robbie Ross?
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

You're correct except for one factor - Klown has a special clause in his contract that allows him to ignore any rules he likes if it damages our chances
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Insomniac wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 12:17 ambut I'm also fairly certain that Olam's issues aren't due to a drop in form or just failing to "fire", but more to do with his arm injury/limitation hindering his abilities (and confidence)
Geez, I don’t know about that, you are taking a pretty optimistic Olam angle I think. His decision making was non existent and positional play atrocious.

He may get back in, and he may play well. But allowing that game to go down as just another aberration will almost certainly come back to haunt us.