Round 22 vs Eels

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Dear Christian.

You are a prop not a link man. run, don't just stand there and pass.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Not sure if there's signs of life from our attack at last or if Parramatta are just as abysmal in defence as we are....
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The strip one was 50/50. Parra definitely had a hand pulling at the ball. Then we don’t get the call when Parra put the kick in and get a 6 again call.

Klein is never going to give us a break, but our defence needs to be better than… butter.
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

yourhero wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:18 pm The strip one was 50/50. Parra definitely had a hand pulling at the ball. Then we don’t get the call when Parra put the kick in and get a 6 again call.

Klein is never going to give us a break, but our defence needs to be better than… butter.
That's it though, you don't piss your challenge up the wall in the first 5 unless it's a deadset clanger
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Agreed
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

See how committed Simonsson was there on Hughes compared to Coates on Gutherson for their try? If an outside back comes in they’ve gotta go all in.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Interesting watching the wide shots of play the balls.

Clown is running a short 10 for Parra and 13-14 metres for Melbourne. Not just once or twice.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I am shocked, TC.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Moeroa and Katoa running HARD. Love to see it. Can the other forwards take out a pen and some paper and take notes please.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Seve looking like he wants a centre spot long term
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

TC wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:47 pm Interesting watching the wide shots of play the balls.

Clown is running a short 10 for Parra and 13-14 metres for Melbourne. Not just once or twice.
Big shock.

Go back and watch the first penalty of the game against Grant. Someone explain to me what that was for.

In fairness, he did give us 6 again when Moses stopped a kick with his boot. I almost fell out of the chair.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Insomniac wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:50 pm I am shocked, TC.
Thought you might be.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:53 pm Seve looking like he wants a centre spot long term
100%. Seve looking good. Has poked his nose through a few times and got quick PTBs.
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Been a weird half, Harry & Jahrome have been sublime, I’ve loved what Katoa has shown off the bench we’ve missed him. The new Centres have been fantastic, Very very happy with both we look much better in that department.

As mentioned Welch is still no where near his best, very average spell, also haven’t been overly happy with the back 3 tonight, Meaney Warbrick and Coates all been poor.

Trent needs to go, he just offers no threat on that edge on either side of the ball, I think Katoa and NAS might need to be our edge weapons for the finals, I know NAS can’t play 80 there effectively but he can share time with Tom, this left edge of Olam and Trent has been trash all season and I’ve had enough.

Boys playing ok in general but if we are fair dinkum we should be flogging this Eels line up, big 2nd half lads!
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

So, first half significantly better than last week. Didn't go into their shells.
Still a bit sloppy, and left edge defence started badly, but kind of expect that with a new centre.
Seve and Young both trying to earn spots.

So far pretty happy.