Roosters v Storm: Round 20

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
The Black Dot
Squall
Squall

Is it me or do others appreciate the irony of the Roosters naming a certain B Smith at fourteen.

Especially as he left us last year wanting exclusively to play at nine and not at fourteen.
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

The Black Dot wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 1:07 pm Is it me or do others appreciate the irony of the Roosters naming a certain B Smith at fourteen.

Especially as he left us last year wanting exclusively to play at nine and not at fourteen.
First game back from injury, so I'm not laughing toooo hard, but it definately made me chuckle.
What makes him a great played doesn't lend well to him being a great 80 minute 9, something the club recognised when they prioritised Harry for the hooking role
Mstorm1999
Squall
Squall

Paps been training with the team and back to practising goal kicking, and I’m assuming when he has his first game back they will want it to be a home game for the fans and to have the fans cheering behind him giving him confidence on his first game back after so long. So if he was to actually come back and get some games in before finals my guess would be round 22 or 24, next home game is round 26 which I think is to late, only having two first grade games under his belt after so long going into finals could be a risk.

I have a feeling round 24, if his already training with the team and been running for awhile now and now goal kicking he must be really close!
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Round 24 is my gutfeel too. I hope he plays a game or 2 in Q Cup first though.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Garlick, Deve, Jennings and Nikorima drop out
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Grant Anderson 18th man. Chris Lewis drops out.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Right edge defence looking pretty dodgy. Kicking game needs work.

Having said that, we are mostly looking solid - just need a little spark and we'll run away with it.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

We cannot win the competition without Papenhuyzen back, we are TOOTHLESS in attack, no shape no blocks no threat, Meaney is a good back up but if we want to mix it with the big boys we need our superstar back in that 1 jersey ASAP! It’s crazy we look like we just have NFI when we get in that danger zone.

Plus side defence has been stoic, guys are working hard been particularly impressed with Reimis 1 on 1 tackles and King cleaning up the middle nicely, but we need some spark in attack, too many passengers unable to create anything, we may well wear them down here but it’s a dangerous game plan as they look really up for it.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yeah, guys standing still when they get the ball is a real problem for mine
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Pretty uninspiring performance so far. Roosters ineptitude will probably win this for us as opposed to storm brilliance.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We haven’t looked sharp post bye/post origin. We’ve looked better when we didn’t have our two best players in comparison.
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Papenhuyzen23 wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 8:27 pm We cannot win the competition without Papenhuyzen back, we are TOOTHLESS in attack, no shape no blocks no threat, Meaney is a good back up but if we want to mix it with the big boys we need our superstar back in that 1 jersey ASAP! It’s crazy we look like we just have NFI when we get in that danger zone.

Plus side defence has been stoic, guys are working hard been particularly impressed with Reimis 1 on 1 tackles and King cleaning up the middle nicely, but we need some spark in attack, too many passengers unable to create anything, we may well wear them down here but it’s a dangerous game plan as they look really up for it.
The only points so far came from an intercept, our playmakers form is much more an issue currently than a good fullback vs a great fullback.

Paps definitely brings plenty to the side, but he won't single handedly fix the lack of creativity currently being shown by the rest of the spine
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Who is our attack coach? Do we do any work on it at training? We have no idea how to even run a simple shift play I can’t remember the last time we actually got the ball to our edges with no dramas it’s embarrassing at the moment, look like we have never played together before.
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Jahrome that’s what happens when you run hard and straight love that suicide line finally gets stuck in, more of that please guys 💪
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

MacDonald comes in and just does a job. Has earned more minutes and a real role.