RD 16 17th June WestsTigers vs Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I kinda did a thing and booked flights and accommodation to Sydney on the spare of the moment for the weekend

Who are we expecting to play

No Christian
No Cameron
No Xavier
No Harry

It’s gonna be interesting
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

1 Nick Meaney
2 Kane Bradley
3 Justin Olam
4 Sua Faalogo (wishful thinking)
5 Will Warbrick
6 Jonah Pezet
7 Jahrome Hughes
8 Trent Loliero
9 Bronson Garlick
10 Nelson Asofa Solomona
11 Tariq Sims
12 Tui Kamikamica
13 Josh King
14 Tyran Wishart
15 Alec McDonald
16 Tom Eisenhuth
17 Jordan Grant

Aaron Pene
Chris Lewis
Eli Katoa ?
George Jennings
Grant Anderson
Jack Howarth
Marion Seve ? Was cat 2 so could play
Young Tonumaipea
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Must go in expecting to win. They're missing a few too. Brooks, Api, Utoikamanu, Douehi, Staines. Sounds like Reimis is no chance, hard to tell with Eli and how serious it might be.
sheet_ed
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Have a look at " Sua Faalogo" stats - BRILLIANT attack, terrible defence percentages - needs another year in QCup to bulk up. He will appear probably in the next origin game.

I would pick George Jennings over Kane Bradley - his last year and has been making great number is QCup . Alec McDonald is working hard to get his spot back off the bench.

I would love to see Jack Howarth as the 17th man. He needs to be blooded into 1st grade.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

As Xavier Coates pulls on the Maroons jersey for Game II of Origin, George Jennings, for the first time this year will reprise his role on the Storm wing as he returns from a season-ending injury sustained in Round 1 of the 2022 season. Marion Seve also remains in the centres alongside Reimis Smith after playing his first game of the season last weekend.

After making their debuts during the early rounds of 2023, Jonah Pezet and Bronson Garlick are also eyeing a return to the starting line-up while teammates Cameron Munster and Harry Grant are on Origin duty with the Maroons. Tariq Sims, who featured for 51 minutes off the bench in Storm's recent win over the Sharks has been named to take his place in the run on side, replacing Eli Katoa who has been sidelined with an an eye injury.

1. Nick Meaney
2. Will Warbrick
3. Reimis Smith
4. Marion Seve
5. George Jennings
6. Jonah Pezet
7. Jahrome Hughes
8. Tui Kamikamica
9. Bronson Garlick
10. Nelson Asofa-Solomona
11. Trent Loiero
12. Tariq Sims
13. Josh King
-----
14. Tyran Wishart
15. Tom Eisenhuth
16. Alec MacDonald
17. Aaron Pene
-----
18. Justin Olam
19. Grant Anderson
20. Sualauvi Faalogo
21. Chris Lewis
22. Kane Bradley
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Howarth still not being good enough/ready for first grade is pretty annoying.

Cool to see George finally back. I reckon Olam plays but Reimis doesn't.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

But disappointed that Jordan Grant isn't in the extended squad.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Scooter wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 7:35 pm But disappointed that Jordan Grant isn't in the extended squad.
Wouldn't read too much into it. He's clearly behind Pene and MacDonald for a prop spot. Not much size named 18-22 indicates fitness question marks in the outside backs, which comes as no surprise. He's been in the 22 pretty much every week when fit.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

blazza18 wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 4:36 pm Howarth still not being good enough/ready for first grade is pretty annoying.

Yep, we have a first choice edge back-rower out and question marks over our 2 centres and he still isn't named. The 2 positions he's most comfortable in. Hopefully he's on a massively back-ended deal.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Lucas wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 8:00 pm
blazza18 wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 4:36 pm Howarth still not being good enough/ready for first grade is pretty annoying.

Yep, we have a first choice edge back-rower out and question marks over our 2 centres and he still isn't named. The 2 positions he's most comfortable in. Hopefully he's on a massively back-ended deal.
I've got no inside knowledge...never have and don't profess to...but I wonder if Howarth's lack of FG to date is somehow attitude/maturity related as he clearly has ability ?
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Storm Spirit wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 9:08 pm
Lucas wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 8:00 pm

I've got no inside knowledge...never have and don't profess to...but I wonder if Howarth's lack of FG to date is somehow attitude/maturity related as he clearly has ability ?
Yeah hard to say. On the one hand, his contract (5 year deal having played zero games, which is unprecendented at the Storm) raised eyebrows and means he gets discussed more than any other zero gamer in our history. If we have structured his contract so that he earns bugger all last year and this, then starts earning serious money in the next 3 years, then we can afford to be patient. Give him a proper, thorough, apprenticeship and watch him explode. Its definitely a gamble.
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

From what I’ve seen of Howarth he definitely has the talent and the engine to play first grade, he has had quite a few injury set backs though and is still quite young, hopefully we see the best of him in the next few years there is definitely a decent player there.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He would have to be one of or the youngest players in the comp if he debuted this year and I've been wanting him to play for at least a season haha. Gotta ignore the 5 year contract and be more patient I spose.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Craig has confirmed that George Jennings will play tomorrow.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

MacDonald, Olam and Fa'alogo drop out