RD 16 17th June WestsTigers vs Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Outside of the start of the second half that was a good performance. Nice seeing impact off the bench from both Sims and Wishart.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Actually quite liked the bench tonight. Bradley covers wing into second row. Pene and Sims ran hard and Wishart was dynamic out of dummy half and desperate every time there was a loose ball.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Really impressed with the efforts of King, Wishart, Jennings, and of course Warbrick. Pezet definitely had a better second half, and Meaney was good as usual, except for his goal kicking. I thought Tui was good with his runs, as was Sims in limited time.

Not a bad effort (apart from the first 10-15 minutes of the second half) with all of the missing players - just some tackling/defensive issues to tidy up.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Tui and King played massive stints, both unchanged until after half time
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Nas got found out like TPJ against the eels, slippery conditions not helping at all but made his presence known. Quiet by his standards.
SunshineCoastStormer
Squall
Squall

Solid professional job. Hughes really stood up to lead the team around the park. Warbrick was immense. Wishart did some terrific “effort” plays.

Really good to get the W with panthers losing and Souths/Brisbane on byes….
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I agree that Bradley is a great bench addition. Big enough for 2nd row, and can fill in anywhere in back 5, or play musical chairs and shift someone somewhere else.

The issue we will have is finding a spot for everyone when we are healthy. I can't justify Olams automatic selection when back to full fitness.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I could justify Olam's automatic selection when back to full fitness, but that's only if/when he regains full use of his arm & confidence in using it to fend and push/bump off defenders with it - currently he looks so fragile & is a shell of himself, effectively playing with just one good arm.

Until then, Jennings should be his replacement (until he's inevitably injured again also).
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Olam is playing Q Cup today, I wonder if fitness is the reason?
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hmmm very interesting.