Papi is back!

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

http://rb.gy/jxqpg

Article says he will be back in 3-4 weeks and will return via QLD Cup!

:-D
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Edit

Seems Papenhuyzen himself has poured cold water over this story, denying it completely on Twitter. Very interesting, guess the wait continues 😔
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I for one pray to God / Allah / Buddha / The missus that he doesn't rush back
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Papenhuyzen23 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 4:38 pm http://rb.gy/jxqpg

Article says he will be back in 3-4 weeks and will return via QLD Cup!

:-D
It's in the Terrorgraph, so the info is questionable at best.
Personally I'd look outside to check if they said "sky is blue, grass is green".
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Paps shared a story on Insta updating everyone, he said 4 weeks would be an absolute miracle and the aim is end of the season/just before finals, he is running and doing change of direction and skills work. He also said he will be nursed back via QLD cup, what a boost if we make it to the finals to have a fit and firing Papenhuyzen in the squad ⚡️
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Look the point is he was meant to come back in that time but has had set backs …every time he has a set back basically adds a week to when his back ….
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Reckon the best hope is Paps can help the Falcons in the Qcup finals and hopefully be ready for first grade again for the Storm in 2024.
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

blazza18 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:40 pm Reckon the best hope is Paps can help the Falcons in the Qcup finals and hopefully be ready for first grade again for the Storm in 2024.
I guess it all depends on how well he comes back, I mean if we are month out from finals and he is destroying the QLD Cup as much as I love what Meaney has given us this year I wouldn’t hesitate to throw Paps in and give us that X-Factor, I do think he will need to be back at least a month before finals though otherwise he will be too much of a risk and underdone on combinations etc for the big games, if we even make the finals which isn’t a given the way we are playing lately.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:40 pm Reckon the best hope is Paps can help the Falcons in the Qcup finals and hopefully be ready for first grade again for the Storm in 2024.
That’s if falcons make finals …the way they are going they are won’t be in finals if they keep losing like last week to the team in last place who hadn’t won a game
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I just thought about it

Paps coming back via the falcons just add more drama to the already stacked backline the falcons have got

Sua Luke poselli and Paps 3 fullbacks in the one team 🤦‍♀️ why can’t he go to the tigers who need a fullback lol

Either way can’t wait to see him back playing where ever he goes
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He can go to the Falcons, I believe it'll be our choice where to register him
Stormhunter
Squall
Squall

Nice interview with Paps on the Johns/Fittler show last week. He said they were trying to target a return in 8 weeks, but was subject to change basically on a weekly basis.

I think the best case scenario now is for him to play a bench role similar to what he did when Jahrome was fullback. I'd rather an underdone Paps as backs cover than GA.

Nick Meaney has played great football this year and deserves to be there. If he knows he's got the job for the rest of the campaign his confidence and form can only get better.

I definitely think we can win the comp with Meaney at fullback. Might want to practice the goalkicking a bit more after last weeks effort though.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It is funny re: Meaney's goalkicking because Vossy said he was 19/20 leading into Saturday's game.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Pappy rumoured to be returning for the Sunshine Coast Falcons on Saturday.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He was always playing next Sat..I was told a few months ago he was looking at playing vs the bears Whynnum manly or the jets

Falcons and tigers both just played wynnum and the bears so it only left the Jets …which is next weekend