BREAKING: Dragons disaster as Ryles reportedly rejects coaching job to join Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

You knew he'd claim it 🤣
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Billy was never gonna coach at nrl level
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Bullucked wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 4:41 pm
Shuttlesworth99 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 11:07 am # called it
Here is your quote from the Craig Bellamy coaching thread;

"Purely speculative - if Ryles isn’t at the Dragons next year, I think he will be back in Melbourne.

With that said - I’d be shocked if he wasn’t at the Dragons next year."

Are you shocked?

Really, you had a foot in both camps! :)
Haha actually yes I am. But to be fair, quality assistants are being more selective with prospective head coaching positions.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 8:45 pm Billy was never gonna coach at nrl level

Agree with this. Origin is perfect for everything else he’s involved in
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Really don't love how the ryles situation has unfolded to be honest, begs a few questions around his ethics and scruples.. he also didn't look like he was offering much at the roosters.

Long term, I'd love to see slater at the helm, and given the performance put forward by Queensland tonight, that's only further cemented my view. Yeah, we can't force the guy to become a head coach, but I'd hope the powers that be are throwing anything and everything at him to try and entice him
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Seems like the dragons were basically telling him he had no input on his coaching/recruitment staff and so he decided he didn't want the job. Fair enough if true.