Round 14 Cowboys v Storm Sun 4 June

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Fmd, 50 could be on the cards the way this is going.... what the hell is going on, absolutely no resolve or heart in defence.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Please tell me how the cowboys can play like rabble most weeks, but when they play us they look like grand finalist. Also, have come Queenslander can play great in the marron's jersey but they put the purple one on and they play like crap.

This is not the team I am a member off. There is no pride in the club or care of the members.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Usually I say take the L and move on. But this is really poor.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Absolutely pathetic.
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Worst defensive effort in 9 years allegedly... beggars belief.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Teams always play their GF against us. But that’s no excuse. Storm have been embarrassed. And watch the Cows barely win a match for the rest of the year.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Utha
Squall
Squall

I'm at peace with missing the eight, because we don't deserve to make it with the dross we're serving up every week.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

That is how bad we are going, Townsend shows ultimate disrespect by kicking a field goal.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He’s not the issues but he’s part of the issue. Nelson having one really good performance this season isn’t good enough. He’s not a guy we can rely on to put the rest of the forward pack on his back but we kinda need him to be better than one good performance every now and then.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

That was dire.

The cowboys were good but not great, and we've beaten teams this year that played better.
Attack - careless. Too many mistakes and dreadful decision making. At times pedestrian and at others panicked. No real direction from the halves.
Defence was lazy. I don't think I've seen a less co-ordinated effort from Storm in 10 years. 50+ missed tackles (and that doesn't count the times that we missed completely), players out of position, players charging out of the line.

Not going to name players, but there are 4 or 5 including a couple of big names that deserve to play reggies next week after their lack of effort.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Scooter wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:56 pm That is how bad we are going, Townsend shows ultimate disrespect by kicking a field goal.
Glad he did. There was plenty of space on the edges, if he swung it wide they could easily have gone over again.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Storm_M_36
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

We are better off not having byes, because the players don't bother turning up the following week. It's that simple and don't expect us to make the finals and if we do then we'll just be making up the numbers based on today's crap we dished up!
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I mean - it probably could’ve been a lot worse?

I still maintain the team plays way too loose - often look for cheap off-loads and to go expansive off very little front-foot ball.

The pack this year has been awful. They don’t seem to have the same intensity in contact in both attack and defence as previous years. I’d put that down to a fair few new faces being there.

Honestly, if the Storm needed to concede 50 to tell everyone they couldn’t win the Grand Final then people clearly haven’t watched them this year.
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Definitely a crap performance, but writing the season off in its entirety based on one results probably a bit premature.

Some hard questions will need to be asked, but there's plenty of room for improvement. I will say, a comprehensive loss like this, as much as it sucks, is probably better than a tight one... there's no room to hide.

It's been a strange old season thus far for all teams, with some very surprising results throughout it , this one included.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

blazza18 wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:37 pm The good thing is no one will be dropped after this
Can't drop a whole team?

Eli Katoa is about the only one who really put in the whole game