Origin squads

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Munster and Harry Grant picked for Queensland with Welch 19th man

Former Storm players Tino, Hynes and JAC picked for their respective states too.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Welch got lucky.

Glad Coates didn't get picked. Needs to physically mature.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

nacho wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 4:39 pm Welch got lucky.

Glad Coates didn't get picked. Needs to physically mature.
Wish Welch hadn't have been picked and maybe it's a boot up the bum that Coates needs?

If Cleary wasn't in the team and Nicho was halfback I'd find myself leaning towards NSW.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Was a bit surprised Coates didn't find his way onto the wing tbh. Not like QLD wingers have really set the season on fire.

Welch making the squad on return is very cool and a bit unexpected.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

blazza18 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 3:58 pm Was a bit surprised Coates didn't find his way onto the wing tbh. Not like QLD wingers have really set the season on fire.

Coates has been rubbish. This is a strange post.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Lucas wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 8:18 pm
blazza18 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 3:58 pm Was a bit surprised Coates didn't find his way onto the wing tbh. Not like QLD wingers have really set the season on fire.

He was rubbish last season too but he’s got the name factor. And as I said it’s not like any QLD wingers are playing lights out atm.

I was like the first person to share my gripes over Coates so I don’t need to be told how bad he is.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

blazza18 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 8:35 pm
Lucas wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 8:18 pm

He was rubbish last season too but he’s got the name factor. And as I said it’s not like any QLD wingers are playing lights out atm.

I was like the first person to share my gripes over Coates so I don’t need to be told how bad he is.
Hence why I thought it was strange.
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I enjoy the media commentary around Pongas omission at full back and loyalty.

Ponga has been average overall this season playing as a 5/8th in a team sitting 12th on the ladder. Reece Walsh is playing really well as a FB in a top 4 side. Does it not pick itself?

I like Wayne Bennetts approach with Corey Oates a few years ago. You are in my best 17 as a wing, you’re in reserve grade as a second row. Same logic can be applied to Ponga.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Shuttlesworth99 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 10:01 pm I enjoy the media commentary around Pongas omission at full back and loyalty.

Ponga has been average overall this season playing as a 5/8th in a team sitting 12th on the ladder. Reece Walsh is playing really well as a FB in a top 4 side. Does it not pick itself?
Yes, but note that it's all New South Wails people (Brandy, Slothfield etc.) complaining about QLD being disloyal.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Utha
Squall
Squall

Shows you how stacked NSW are when Meaney isn't even in consideration for a bench spot.