RD 12 - Indigenous Rd @ Dolphins (Suncorp Stadium) Sat 20th May 2023

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
StormGang
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Xavier Coates

2 tries scored by his opposing winger
3 errors
5 tackles 3 missed tackles
Robbed Trent of a certain try
70 run metres
Dominated in contact, a passenger in defence, no threat what so ever
Scored 4 fantasy points, tells you all you need to know.

Guy has been abysmal for months, needs to be dropped I don’t care what he’s on or his past accolades, why do players never get dropped to Reggie’s anymore for a rev up?
SunshineCoastStormer
Squall
Squall

Good first half with some positive signs going forward before moving it wide.

Second half was back to lateral side to side rubbish.

Not taking two on the 2nd offering after K Brom caused flare up was a terrible decision.

Good to get the W. Work to do to mix it with the likes of Souths, Penrith
SunshineCoastStormer
Squall
Squall

Oh and I forgot - Kamikamica was immense. Long stints, Great go forward and some tough defence.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Agreed, Tui had his best game all year
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I thought it would be a good game I didn’t expect the game we got but I’m very happy we won as we only play them once this year …unless we get them in finals
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

First half goes a bit different if Aitken was basically any other centre but thought we were quite good. This side just can't stay on the job for the full 80 though and is missing a real game wrecker (besides Nelson when he's on) to break the game open. We should've been able to put this away early and won by 30+.

Three months into the season and I'm not really sure we've improved.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Good first half. Second half a bit average. Still don't understand Anderson on the bench. Tom Eisenhuth should be there. Tom is versatile and reliable. Can play second row, in the middle or if we have an injury in backs at centre.

Surely Garlick and Eisenhuth offer enough versatility to cover an injury in the backs, hooker and halves.

NAS needs to shelf offloads inside our own 20 and use his foot to play the ball.

Katoa will be missing with AC injury and / or suspension. This is a shame. He has been playing well. How good was the interaction from Hughes, Katoa and Smith for Smith's try?

Good to see Kamikamica playing well again.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Kaufusi to miss three weeks with early guilty plea for hit on Welch.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So Eisenhuth plays 2nd row next game or do we give Chan a go?
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Scooter wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 11:11 am Kaufusi to miss three weeks with early guilty plea for hit on Welch.
Katoa not charged - though it is largely academic given his reported AC injury.
sheet_ed
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Before people dump on Xavier, when was the last time Olam passed to him. The two individualas are doing their job, but they are not working togethher - something isn't right.

Eisenhuth would always be in my team - he is part of the leadership group and has a cool head. Bellyache would have had his reasons - possible niggling injury.

I think the Coates / Trent situation was inflamed by the SOA selection pending and Xavier trying to claim his spot.

Any news on how long Katoa is out?
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sheet_ed wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 4:03 pm Before people dump on Xavier, when was the last time Olam passed to him. The two individualas are doing their job, but they are not working togethher - something isn't right.

Eisenhuth would always be in my team - he is part of the leadership group and has a cool head. Bellyache would have had his reasons - possible niggling injury.

I think the Coates / Trent situation was inflamed by the SOA selection pending and Xavier trying to claim his spot.

Any news on how long Katoa is out?
Never good to have a certain try bombed but I’d rather see two blokes trying to score and messing it up, as opposed to each other waiting back and expecting the other to score and then neither making an attempt. The boys will get it right soon enough and start putting big scores on the board.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time