Bellyache to Coach in 2024!

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
StormGang
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

"Craig Bellamy will coach the Storm for a 22nd season, informing the club he cannot yet retire from the game he loves.

“I’ve done a 180-degree turnaround,” he said after a month of soul-searching. “Things have got a bit testy over the past few weeks but I finally decided to coach on for another season in Melbourne."

READ MORE:

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/180-de ... 5d8cp.html
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Think he'll miss coaching too much if he steps away. Will find any reason to stay.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Awesome news! This, and hearing Kent has been stood down (even if it turns out to be temporary), what a day! :-D
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Kent should be stood down until his trial
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

StormGang wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 11:37 am Image

"Craig Bellamy will coach the Storm for a 22nd season, informing the club he cannot yet retire from the game he loves.

“I’ve done a 180-degree turnaround,” he said after a month of soul-searching. “Things have got a bit testy over the past few weeks but I finally decided to coach on for another season in Melbourne."

READ MORE:

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/180-de ... 5d8cp.html
Does CB going again in 2024 make it more likely, less likely or make absolutely no difference to Billy being the next Storm coach after CB ?
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Superb news . Hopefully with a fully fit Paps for the entire 2024 season, it could be a very special finale for Craig - and this decision could kickstart 2023 as well.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I just watched the most entertaining NRL 360 episode in years.

1. Anasta announced at the start of the show that Paul Kent has been stood down to deal with “personal issues”.

2. Gordy Tallis- his replacement- landed three telling blows. First , he slammed the Roosters’ recruiting , saying that every club who has recruited Matt Lodge has failed . It was a beautiful put down !

3. Then he said that Cheese really struggles at 9 , and is really just a 13- as Craig always knew.

4. Then , when someone said that surly coach Robinson needs to turn him around, Gordy said “ Trent Robinson is no Craig Bellamy “ ( or , sadly , Wayne Bennett).

5. Craig was the first guest , and was rightly lauded for his superb career. Coops said Craig was the biggest influence on his career and that , without Craig, he would maybe have played only 100-150 games and not played Origin.

It is so much more watchable without Kent.
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

So happy! without a clear successor in the works, I always doubted this was going to be Craig's last year, but to have him confirm he's staying on for another 12 months is such awesome news.

Now all that needs to happen is for Billy to decide that coaching the storm is the next step in his amazing career and long term association with the club.

Back to back 23 and 24! Let's go!
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

What's happening with Ryles now and the Rooters? Is Ryles the heir apparent at the Dragoons?(Why anyone would want that poisoned chalice is beyond me) Maybe a bit more assisting at Melbourne?
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Well if he doesn’t get the dragons job he doesn’t have a job cause the roosters said he won’t be coming back
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Purely speculative - if Ryles isn’t at the Dragons next year, I think he will be back in Melbourne.

With that said - I’d be shocked if he wasn’t at the Dragons next year.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Bullucked wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 2:32 pm What's happening with Ryles now and the Rooters? Is Ryles the heir apparent at the Dragoons?(Why anyone would want that poisoned chalice is beyond me) Maybe a bit more assisting at Melbourne?
Ryles returns to the Storm, could the wheel be starting to turn the full circle?