RD 11 - Storm v Broncos @ AAMI Park (Thur 11 May)

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

The less said about the ref the better, wow some shockers both ways tonight.

I thought we played a bit tougher tonight than usual but we still just look off, still making a lot of schoolboy errors, the attack looks so disjointed, we won tonight off grit in defence and some individual brilliance, I’m not sure what it is but I think we are so used to having a stud in the 1 jersey that whilst Meaney has been very serviceable he just doesn’t create the doubt and chances Paps/Slater/Hynes did, you need to remember our players looked so good around these guys because the defence was always worried about the superstar in the 1 first and it would open up space in other parts of the field, no defences really worry about Meaney, he can’t really beat anyone with a pass and it all becomes a bit slow and pedestrian when we are on the attack, we are missing Papenhuyzen so much and like I said this isn’t a slight against Nick I think he’s done as well as we could expect him to do but he isn’t a Paps superstar type.

I also think we have just got some really dumb players at the moment, the little 1% we are known for we just don’t do anymore, discipline is always an issue, silly errors, Welch tonight getting into it a few times with Flegler with the game in the balance isn’t what a good captain does, silly penalties at silly times.

For the good, loved what Warbrick is bringing to the team, Reimis is a bit loose but he is playing well! Hughes turned a corner but still doesn’t look right, thought the pack really aimed up, I actually thought Trent was best on ground got through a mountain of work and his big hit turned the game, I’ve been very critical but he was fantastic I thought, Katoa was solid too but that casual effort to score and drop the ball was unforgivable, Bellamy should rightfully blast him.

Always nice to beat the top teams, hopefully the start of a nice run for us, got to give it to the Phins next week with the long turn around!
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The refs obviously had a good game Broncos fans blowing up deluxe on social media.
StormGang
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

The irony of Broncos fans complaining about poor officiating lol ah well, cry some more Bronx get it all out 🔥⚡
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yeah, one of their fans chucked his beer can on the field from the second level after the Carrigan sin bin - class act
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

SunshineCoastStormer wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 10:17 pm Solid win.

With dodgy decisions reversed it could have been 42-10!

Nice to knock off the top of the league team..
Walsh charged by Judiciary with Grade 1 shoulder charge on Juzzy.

Should have been a penalty try on the night in real time.

Appalling error of judgment by Sutton.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Thought the halves and Harry were much better but the attack is still so clunky and off inside the 20. Really not sure what issues are there.

The bench usage was weird even accounting for Nelson having such a short first stint. Garlick and Pene probably deserve more game time to prove something.

Haas and Carrigan carried Brisbane and gave us problems all night. Really impressive duo they've got.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Glad it was Renyolds who hurt himself and not one of us ..hope he gets better soon but thank god he did it himself
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I thought I’d give myself 24 hours to reassess the Katoa brain fart.
When the ball got slapped away, I yelled “tear up his contract”.
24 hrs on, maybe we keep him, but I’d still drop him. It was just rubbish on his behalf.
Besides, Tepai is better player and I’d rather him in and Eliesa out.
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I thought Katoa was solid besides his error, 190 metres, 30 tackles, 0 missed tackles, if he scored that try he is close to best on ground, considering NAS was off most the game I thought our other forwards really aimed up, Haas and Carrigan were immense and our boys stood up to them, Tui, Eli and Trent in particular.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Papenhuyzen23 wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 10:35 pm I thought Katoa was solid besides his error, 190 metres, 30 tackles, 0 missed tackles, if he scored that try he is close to best on ground, considering NAS was off most the game I thought our other forwards really aimed up, Haas and Carrigan were immense and our boys stood up to them, Tui, Eli and Trent in particular.
Yep. This. He’s got some residual rough edges and brain fades to get out of his game but he’ll become a “Storm” type backrower in no time…
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
big_m
Squall
Squall

Need to get big Tepai on the bench.
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

big_m wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 12:51 am Need to get big Tepai on the bench.
Absolutely. Moeroa was a regular, gets a bad injury and seemly, now he doesn’t get a look in. I think he’s getting the rough end of the stick right at the moment. I’d have him at least on the bench - certainly ahead of Eisenhuth.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Thing is, Eisenhuth covers centre at a pinch, you take him oout and put Moeroa there, whaf happens if a back goes down?
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Moeroa is good enough to play 10 different positions the way he's talked about
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Not sure Moeroa is the answer to any questions being asked in here. He's been a pretty disappointing acquisition so far. Arrived with a sloppy rig and has only been occasionally available since. He's certainly not replacing Katoa.