RD 11 - Storm v Broncos @ AAMI Park (Thur 11 May)

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Stormhunter
Squall
Squall

Sims is the one that needs to aim up, he played SOO last year and was basically bought to replace Jesse and play in the middle. Maybe an edge if required, but at the moment I'm not sure he's even plan B there.
Moeroa got game time because of injuries and did little until a couple of games before he was injured. Don't think he's ever managed 30 minutes in a game?
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He could work if he's just replacing King for 20 minutes of high energy mongrel but we can't rely on him for big minutes based on his last couple of years
Stormhunter
Squall
Squall

I think this was the first game Tui, Nelson and Christian have played together since 2021?
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It would be, yes. Welch only played rd 1 last year and Tui was stood down until mid year then Tui and Nelson have both been hurt this year.
big_m
Squall
Squall

Surely Tepai would add more than sims or anderson on the bench. Even if he just gets 20 mins of work in. We have enough players that can cover other positions that we dont need a backup winger on the bench.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

No argument there, it's more who do you drip from Garlick, Asofa-Solomona, Pene and Eisenhuth
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

blazza18 wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 9:08 am Moeroa is good enough to play 10 different positions the way he's talked about
Comment of the season, gold, I had a massive laugh when I read this.

Only good game Tepai had was when he was pushing off the back fence against a demoralised Warriors on Anzac day last year. I wouldn't say consistency is a strong point
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bullucked wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 9:21 pm
blazza18 wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 9:08 am Moeroa is good enough to play 10 different positions the way he's talked about

Only good game Tepai had was when he was pushing off the back fence against a demoralised Warriors on Anzac day last year. I wouldn't say consistency is a strong point
The same match he fractured his shoulder blade in iirc….
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

That was the following week at Newcastle
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 10:03 am That was the following week at Newcastle
:thumbleft:
Stormhunter
Squall
Squall

Storm Spirit wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 11:51 pm

No, that was the next round against the Knights, I was there. Came on, scored a try and did his shoulder returning the kickoff. 3 minutes of mayhem.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Stormhunter wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 7:12 pm
Storm Spirit wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 11:51 pm

No, that was the next round against the Knights, I was there. Came on, scored a try and did his shoulder returning the kickoff. 3 minutes of mayhem.
👍👍