Magic Round vs Rabbitohs

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Awful, we really didn’t aim up at all tonight, unfortunately we were beat across the park, Meaney was poor, Coates was horrendous, Reimis ok but got burnt by that lethal left edge by Walker and Mitchell all night, Olam anonymous, the spine was crap, Munster Hughes and Grant all average at best, and as for the forward pack well, they just phoned it in, poor discipline, poor control, no mongrel no heart, Welch is the worst captain we’ve ever had! I really don’t mind losing games, but seeing a Storm side just lack effort was heartbreaking, it’s not what this club is about and a few of these guys better take a hard look at themselves or they’ll be playing reserve grade in no time, surely it’s time for a shake up, can’t wait to see Paps, Sua, Jennings, Seve, Pezet, Moeroa, Vaalepu etc get a chance, too many passengers tonight.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Vaalepu would be a good inclusion I think, he adds a bit of fear factor
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I think the biggest issue at the moment is the side relies very heavily on individual brilliance instead of building plays through creative passing and kicking.

The forward pack is decent and tough but they’re hardly intimidating.

Not sure how to look at it but Souths are in really good form currently.

Next two weeks are huge with Origin on the horizon.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Can't believe Mitchell didn't get charged for the headlick, kick or either punch
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

riders of the storm wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 10:11 am I think the biggest issue at the moment is the side relies very heavily on individual brilliance instead of building plays through creative passing and kicking.

I guess the good news is we shouldn't be too decimated come Origin time. Munster and Grant are losses no doubt, but I wouldn't be picking Coates and Welch if I were QLD.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

NAS had more post contact metres against the Warriors than he did total metres last night. The difference in how we play when he is good vs when he's ok to bad is the difference between us being a top 4 team and one who will struggle to make the 8.
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Lucas wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 12:17 pm
riders of the storm wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 10:11 am I think the biggest issue at the moment is the side relies very heavily on individual brilliance instead of building plays through creative passing and kicking.

I guess the good news is we shouldn't be too decimated come Origin time. Munster and Grant are losses no doubt, but I wouldn't be picking Coates and Welch if I were QLD.
Agreed. While on that - Garlick should be more than serviceable at hooker if Grant needs a spell over that period based on his brief period at dummy-half last night.

Mind you - I doubt Grant starts for Queensland even if he is picked.