RD 8 - ANZAC Round v Warriors (AAMI Park)

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Hats off to the Warriors. Brave footy.
Mstorm1999
Squall
Squall

nacho wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:54 pm Now this performance is something to be proud of.

I'll acknowledge that NZ are out on their feet, but in the arm wrestle of the game they had more troops available.

Nelson filling in for Katoa is a better outcome than had Katoa played the full game. Nelson doesn't need to touch the ball and NZ are in all sorts just covering him.

Meany has played fantastic with ball play, line breaks, conversions and of course a try or two.

Munster has had a much more active involvement, perhaps making up for Hughes slump in form. Everything he's touched has turned to gold.

Grant has played his season best in the 2nd half with a lot more runs and allowed us to steam roll down the field on occasion.

Huh? Warriors did great considering they lost their best most important forward ( Harris ) in the first half & Tevaga then lost CNK their fullback which has been in great form this year with 24 minutes to go, they had no players left on the bench towards the end of the game, not to mention the sin bin they also got, we were lucky to win but I’ll take it.

We have a lot of work to do.
SunshineCoastStormer
Squall
Squall

Yeah a win is a win

NAS turned it with his momentum changing spell and some magic from Meaney, Munster and Grant was enough against the Warriors who lost a lot of troops in the 2nd half.

I think we are a shade or two of mixing it with the best currently (Panthers, Rabbits, Sharks, maybe Broncos) some improvement needed but time to find it.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

nacho wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:42 pm Nelson is either playing for a big contract elsewhere.... Or dare I say he's playing out of his skin because he's committed here long term?

Either way, he is a generational player I'll say it now. With direction and discipline he is a world beater
I called it.

Nelson extends until the end of 2027. Wow what a signing!
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Still got paps to come back, still got a lot of new/unsettled combinations.
Despite a less than fantastic performance as a whole, there was a fair showing of effort and that's a good sign.

Also, really stoked that nas has signed on long term.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I see Meaney got the ANZAC medal, but it could easily have gone to Munster or NAS too. Brilliant games by each of them with Grant close behind.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I would have given it to NAS, he changed the game. To then move across to the edge and play out the game after a long lay-off was outstanding.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Meaney got the most dally m votes too. Thought he was good obviously but can't understand watching the game and not thinking the biggest impact made (not counting Tohu going down) was how much Nelson changed the game for us immediately.

Nelson is so good off the bench too. We gotta recruit/develop a young prop who can make that work. Or vice versa.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

blazza18 wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:17 am Meaney got the most dally m votes too. Thought he was good obviously but can't understand watching the game and not thinking the biggest impact made (not counting Tohu going down) was how much Nelson changed the game for us immediately.

Nelson is so good off the bench too. We gotta recruit/develop a young prop who can make that work. Or vice versa.
At the time (and taking "That" pass out of it) I thought Meaney was the best. Taking hit ups (although not sure about taking fifth tackle hit ups) and generally being everywhere and nailing his goal kicking did it for me.

I like NAS and he did take some very good hit ups but hiding out on the edge he almost looked like he didn't want the ball to come his way (I was calling for it, the Warriors defence I'm sure didn't want), he was certainly cooked late in the second half. Someone was getting under his skin as he started being a bit grubby too towards the end that could've been viewed somewhat differently.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Walker, he's a bigger sledger than Chambers ever was.