Round 6 Storm v Roosters

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Mattpoet wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:49 am The reffing was really waak last night. Blatantly ignoring several situations that should have been on report and/or sin bins:

Munster held down on a line break
Hughes' legs taken out in the air after a kick (if this isn't charged, the club should raise an almighty stink!)
Radley punching someone in the gut (Loiero?), I don't know if cameras would have caught this but ig happened right in front of me and Badger should definitely have called it!
Olam held out of the play on his kick for Coates ' try
Meaney taken out high and late after passing to Munster for his try
Meaney incident where he went for a HIA

If this was us, we'd have woken to 30 articles about our grubby play too 🤬
Don't forget the penalty against Hughes for the deliberate knock on, WHEN HE JUMPED FROM OUTSIDE THE FIELD OF PLAY. Should've been a goal line drop out.
Twice JWH did the old leg pull and nothing said. Having said all this, the forward pass that wasn't and the forward passes that were, both ways.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

nacho wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 8:49 pm I feel Katoa is noticeably slower in getting up to play the ball, if he can speed that up that would improve that right edge.
According to the stats from last night, Katoa's average ptb speed was 4.51s (second slowest after Munster 4.8s)

In contrast, MacDonald was 3.17s on average, the fastest in the team.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bullucked wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 1:39 pm
Mattpoet wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:49 am The reffing was really waak last night. Blatantly ignoring several situations that should have been on report and/or sin bins:

Munster held down on a line break
Hughes' legs taken out in the air after a kick (if this isn't charged, the club should raise an almighty stink!)
Radley punching someone in the gut (Loiero?), I don't know if cameras would have caught this but ig happened right in front of me and Badger should definitely have called it!
Olam held out of the play on his kick for Coates ' try
Meaney taken out high and late after passing to Munster for his try
Meaney incident where he went for a HIA

If this was us, we'd have woken to 30 articles about our grubby play too 🤬
Don't forget the penalty against Hughes for the deliberate knock on, WHEN HE JUMPED FROM OUTSIDE THE FIELD OF PLAY. Should've been a goal line drop out.
Twice JWH did the old leg pull and nothing said. Having said all this, the forward pass that wasn't and the forward passes that were, both ways.
Good point Bullucked re Jahrome and the kick off.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just looking at the stats from last night, our bench collectively made 65 tackles for only 2 misses (both Macdonald), Garlick 13, MacDonald 16, Eisenhuth 21 and Sims 15. Throw in Tui with 22 without a miss, Welch 29 with 1 miss, Loiero 33 no missed, Katoa 30 1 miss and King 30 2 misses and Grant was 35 but did miss 6 and they've made 244 with only 12 misses - outstanding