Round 6 Storm v Roosters

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Magnificently disciplined tonight. Amazing, dry weather possession on a wet old night. Lovely stuff.
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Bloody good showing tonight. Starting to see a bit of cohesion building along with confidence and passion.
Based on Harry v cheese tonight, the club definitely made the right choice in backing Harry in for the full-time hooker role
SunshineCoastStormer
Squall
Squall

Terrific display, even more given the conditions.

Solid efforts across the park with the spine brilliant well supported by the usual workhorses.

I don’t like singling out individuals but Munster has been instrumental in our wins and a clear absentee in out losses. He’s such a difference maker. When a lot of guys are getting $1m a year plus this guy is near the top of the tree for me. Only Cleary gets close. So glad we kept him..
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Kinda crazy how well we handled the conditions.

Meaney’s first half was exceptional but I thought Olam and Munster’s work rate really lifted the forward pack and were the key tonight.

A couple of breakdowns here and there but the defence looked more like it used to as well. Line speed much better and more committed. Makes a world of difference.
big_m
Squall
Squall

Tremendous performance. This team can do the business at the end of the season if things like injuries arent as big an issue as last 2 years.

Great to see our pack pumping out the metres each week - something we missed last year.

And Paps and Nas to come back yet.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Insomniac wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:14 pm We are as listed early in the week, although team lists don't really matter for this one - the most influential person on the field will be f-ing Ashley Klown, with video ref Gerard Sutton acting as insurance for the Rorters...
:cussing:
I don't know what to say - who was that Ashley Klown imposter that reffed our game tonight?!... and Sutton?... I thought for sure he'd overturn the Olam kick/Coates try! :-D

Great 80-minute performance from the boys, especially given the conditions! =D>
SunshineCoastStormer
Squall
Squall

After saying I would not singe people out, a big shout out for Xavier Coates who was the best winger on the field.

Great hands In the conditions, made more impact in high ball contests and took his tries well.

He gets a fair bit of stick at times but deserves some praise for last night…
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'd give him the most praise for his second try because he was the only player really interested in the ball besides Loiero who was just taken out
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Insomniac wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:03 pm
Insomniac wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:14 pm We are as listed early in the week, although team lists don't really matter for this one - the most influential person on the field will be f-ing Ashley Klown, with video ref Gerard Sutton acting as insurance for the Rorters...
:cussing:
I don't know what to say - who was that Ashley Klown imposter that reffed our game tonight?!... and Sutton?... I thought for sure he'd overturn the Olam kick/Coates try! :-D

Great 80-minute performance from the boys, especially given the conditions! =D>
To be honest I think Sutton was snookered on that one. If he overturned the try, he would have had to bring attention to olam being blatantly held out of the play, meaning the roosters were down to 12 men again or a penalty try being awarded.

I'm still a bit surprised a penalty wasn't awarded to make it a potential 8 point try.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The reffing was really waak last night. Blatantly ignoring several situations that should have been on report and/or sin bins:

Munster held down on a line break
Hughes' legs taken out in the air after a kick (if this isn't charged, the club should raise an almighty stink!)
Radley punching someone in the gut (Loiero?), I don't know if cameras would have caught this but ig happened right in front of me and Badger should definitely have called it!
Olam held out of the play on his kick for Coates ' try
Meaney taken out high and late after passing to Munster for his try
Meaney incident where he went for a HIA

If this was us, we'd have woken to 30 articles about our grubby play too 🤬
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The Roosters were so bad last night haha. They had us struggling coming out of our own half for a fair bit in the second half and did nothing with it. They were willing to dig in defensively but weren't willing to when they had the ball.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:49 am The reffing was really waak last night. Blatantly ignoring several situations that should have been on report and/or sin bins:

Hughes' legs taken out in the air after a kick (if this isn't charged, the club should raise an almighty stink!)
Radley punching someone in the gut (Loiero?), I don't know if cameras would have caught this but ig happened right in front of me and Badger should definitely have called it!

Thanks Mattpoet. I thought it was just me. I have read a number of comments by Storm fans on different forums saying that wasn't the usual Klein. Saying that he was good last night.

I didn't think so. Maybe he was not as bad as usual. But your points above, highlight things he missed. I thought it was funny that the penalty we finally got for a late hit on the kicker was probably the softest of the late hits.

There were also plenty of times where the Roosters "fell asleep" after tackling a Storm player and Klein's arm was obviously tired too because he wasn't waving six again.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 5:28 pm
sallymay wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 4:17 pm I’m that nervous about tonight
When aren't you :lol:
I wasn’t for the titans or the bulldogs and what happened there …seems the more nervous I am about a game the better we win or the better we play

There were heaps of times kline should’ve blown his whistle and didn’t all of them when taking out either Munny or Rome after kicking on the 5 …all of them were so late
One was so late it knocked Romes tooth and he has to get dental work done (according to him after game …he was clearly in pain as well

Honestly it’s the wettest game I’ve sat in for 5/6 years
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Scooter wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 11:11 am
Mattpoet wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:49 am The reffing was really waak last night. Blatantly ignoring several situations that should have been on report and/or sin bins:

Thanks Mattpoet. I thought it was just me. I have read a number of comments by Storm fans on different forums saying that wasn't the usual Klein. Saying that he was good last night.

I didn't think so. Maybe he was not as bad as usual. But your points above, highlight things he missed. I thought it was funny that the penalty we finally got for a late hit on the kicker was probably the softest of the late hits.

There were also plenty of times where the Roosters "fell asleep" after tackling a Storm player and Klein's arm was obviously tired too because he wasn't waving six again.
It truly is a sorry state of affairs when he's just that consistently bad that people are prepared to accept him blatantly ignoring dangerous play because 'he's normally much worse'.

And your point about them sleeping on us is valid too. It felt like I was watching a bunch or narcoleptics play against us last night.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Radley fined for the late shot on Munster. No other charges. Storm should be raising a massive stink over the shot that took Hughes' legs out. Hughes got two weeks for significantly less!