When Paps is back, How does it change the Team Structure

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

As now there is talk of a Paps return, I was wondering what other Storm fans think on how that will affect the backline.

Does Meaney go to the wing meaning Warbrick drops out.

Do you play Meaney at 14 as a just in case measure?

Jennings spend winter in Queensland?
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think Meaney gets the wing
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Mattpoet wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:08 am I think Meaney gets the wing
I think he might too.

Bellamy’s a big fan and I’m not sure when Papenhuyzen comes back that they’ll want him to have the added pressure of goal-kicking.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Too early to say IMO. Especially with Pezet building week in, week out. I am hoping that he stays in the 17 when Hughes returns AND when Paps returns.

I am thinking next week we go with: 1 Meaney 6 Munster 7 Hughes 14 Pezet

When Paps first returns he will likely take the 14 IMO. Hopefully by then Pezet has earnt a spot in the halves and Munster then goes to fullback. Meaney might then miss out altogether if Warbrick's form is strong. Depth is exciting.

This is all based on the proviso that Pezet keeps improving every week.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yeah, it will be a good problem to have if we can get everyone back on deck for a sustained period - IF that happens, my opinion is Meaney > Jennings > Warbrick, so I'd go:
1) Paps
2) Meaney
3) Smith
4) Olam
5) Coates
6) Munster
7) Hughes
14) Pezet

Warbrick is still so raw, and hasn't really wowed me thus far, but his potential should see him move ahead of Jennings in the pecking order - it would take a massive improvement to move ahead of Meaney though (for what Meaney provides in terms of being able to cover a few different positions plus goal kicking) in my opinion.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Paps might come off the bench for a few games …but I think at this point meaney would go back to the wing Pez 14
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I struggle to see how Paps will be ready to play NRL straight away so I think where we fit other guys is pretty pointless at this point.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Papa will be back just before finals in my opinion. Big call yes.

When that occurs Id think Warbrick has that X factor physical ability that Meany doesn't. Each have their strengths but I'd have Meany at 14 as back up for all outside backs and halves. Warbrick is too good to drop
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

nacho wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:25 pm Papa will be back just before finals in my opinion. Big call yes.

When that occurs Id think Warbrick has that X factor physical ability that Meany doesn't. Each have their strengths but I'd have Meany at 14 as back up for all outside backs and halves. Warbrick is too good to drop
Warbrick MUST improve his defence to hold the wing position longer term imho. He wasn’t able to use the sideline against Foxx and Sivo and let them score easily when he should have had them both into touch. Not saying he can’t improve his defence…just that he must improve it.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time