Round 5 Rabbitohs v Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

RobbieRoss wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:19 pm
big_m wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:21 am Superb defensive effort. Pezet looks like the real deal - munster should go to fullback when hughes returns.
I think Craig should really look at doing this . It is great to read that Paps is starting to run again, but that presumably would put him many weeks away from playing at all, let alone playing 80 mins at full back.

I reckon Nick Meaney is a wholehearted performer ( and a valuable goalkicker ) who has been a very good acquisition for the club , but I cannot see us winning a flag with him at full back.

So Munster to fullback , Jonah at 6, Jahrome at 7, Nick at 5. Will Warbrick to 17 ( Grant Anderson was 17 last night and did not get a run ) , and can come on if the above changes do not work and is big enough to fill a hole in centres or even the pack if injuries require it during the match.
A fullback needs to be able to defend as well as attack, defence is Munny's big (and only) problem. Maybe his offence from the back will be better than Meaney but I just can't see his defence standing up.

I reckon Warbrick offers more than Coates (big call?) and deserves his spot. Coates needs to learn he is a big guy on the wing and run with a bit more purpose.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Munster is clearly still no where near 100% following his injury. Probably true for Olam and Welch too TBH.

We've got Hughes, Sims and NAS to return - all International reps. Moeroa, Howarth and Chan are wildcards I haven't written off for this year just yet. Plus Paps. Then, imagine if we have a decent mid-year signing up our sleeve, that wouldn't be unlike us.

We have so much improvement left. Buckle up!
big_m
Squall
Squall

On another point, our shorts on friday looked like cheap old school shorts and not made by castore - assume we are still having issues with this supplier?
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

RobbieRoss wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:19 pm
big_m wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:21 am Superb defensive effort. Pezet looks like the real deal - munster should go to fullback when hughes returns.
I think Craig should really look at doing this . It is great to read that Paps is starting to run again, but that presumably would put him many weeks away from playing at all, let alone playing 80 mins at full back.

I reckon Nick Meaney is a wholehearted performer ( and a valuable goalkicker ) who has been a very good acquisition for the club , but I cannot see us winning a flag with him at full back.

So Munster to fullback , Jonah at 6, Jahrome at 7, Nick at 5. Will Warbrick to 17 ( Grant Anderson was 17 last night and did not get a run ) , and can come on if the above changes do not work and is big enough to fill a hole in centres or even the pack if injuries require it during the match.
Well, Nick Meaney made me look like a goose last night - re my comment above about us not winning a flag with him at full back . Great game Nick , and please accept my apologies!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think Meaney's biggest obstacle might be confidence. He's come from some diabolically bad teams. Certainly has all the tools to be something special if he can put it together.