Round 4 Storm v Tigers at AAMI Park

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

I wouldn't want to be Nick Meaney in 25 minutes.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Once again we get nothing from the ref with the repeated ruck infringements from the Tigers, but he's very quick to give them a repeat set or penalty... f*cking typical. :cussing:

...and great FB work from Meaney as usual. :rolleye:
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Really not a good performance. A top 8 side thumps us, any bottom 9 side except the Tigpies is a 50/50
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Loving Pezet though.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Don’t like knocking him but felt Harry’s service from dummy half was very clunky and that’s why the attack was so disjointed in the second half. It’s also not great that the only forward who seems to be able to make something happen in attack can’t hold onto the ball.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:55 pm Don’t like knocking him but felt Harry’s service from dummy half was very clunky and that’s why the attack was so disjointed in the second half. It’s also not great that the only forward who seems to be able to make something happen in attack can’t hold onto the ball.
Agreed and then I checked his stats and had knocked up 50 tackles, leads every kick chase and was agressive in defence. Felt what he lacked in one area he more than made up in others.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Loiero is super consistent, the workhorse and was more noticed tonight. 20 hit ups and 177m and 37 tackles

Grant with 50 tackles
King, and Welch in the 40s
4 of our starting pack making over 100m with Alec Macdonald close on 98m

Pezet is unbelievable. He is so in tune with his kicks to Xavier.

Xavier, Warbrick and Reimis finally gave Olam a hand with tough runs.

All in all, not the perfect performance and not convincing but the areas we failed in previous weeks have been addressed in some way. Improvement and consistency in effort is better than a win so bring on next week.
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Shit game. We were the better side, but really didn’t play well. Then again - we were missing 3 of our best 6 players.

I hope Paps comes back and can get a clean run at it. We just miss his X Factor around the ruck and polish in set plays. The attack is just so eh without him.

We do need another reliable, hard running forward though. Even with a healthy NAS. No idea where that will come from.

Edit:

Maybe the forward is Tepai? I have like him when he has played. Still want one more though.
SunshineCoastStormer
Squall
Squall

Take the W. Style points don’t matter
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Improved on poor areas of past fortnight in terms of completions and missed tackles. Munster is massive inclusion.

Take the two points and try to improve for our next block of matches v Rabbitohs, Roosters and Manly.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

They did exactly what they trained …try’s on Justin’s and Xavier’s side and defended on Will and Remis side …

We didn’t play great but I’d take that win and run with it
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Feels like the guys were a bit down on confidence going into that one and the message was to hold onto possession and tackle well.

I think that got through - particularly in the second-half when the lead was fairly comfortable.

Loiero’s had his critics but he was good last night. If he can just remove an error or two from his game he’ll go well. Didn’t miss any tackles, ran for more than 170 metres and played the full 80 minutes.

Also, and I’m not sure this is a fair criticism or observation, but the defence on the right side seemed to be better with Pezet there. I’m wondering if the issue isn’t so much the winger compressing but more so the compression with the half (or sometimes the fullback) not being able to cover if the ball gets out to the wing if that makes sense.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Has anyone seen charges from last night?
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Mattpoet wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:11 pm Has anyone seen charges from last night?
Nothing up yet.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

riders of the storm wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:31 am Also, and I’m not sure this is a fair criticism or observation, but the defence on the right side seemed to be better with Pezet there. I’m wondering if the issue isn’t so much the winger compressing but more so the compression with the half (or sometimes the fullback) not being able to cover if the ball gets out to the wing if that makes sense.
This makes perfect sense, to me. Wing defence starts in the middle, if everybody doesn't push out the centre and wingers are left to make a decision, run in and try to shut it down or sit back and wait and work out the overlap. Of course centres and wingers coming in needlessly aint ever going to work...