Round 4 Storm v Tigers at AAMI Park

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Updated squad

1 Nick Meaney
2 Will Warbrick
3 Reimis Smith
4 Justin Olam
5 Xavier Coates
6 Cameron Munster
22 Jonah Pezet
8 Tui Kamikamica
9 Harry Grant
10 Christian Welch
11 Trent Loiero
12 Eliesa Katoa
13 Josh King

14 Tyran Wishart
15 Alec MacDonald
16 Tariq Sims
17 Bronson Garlick

18 Tom Eisenhuth
19 Grant Anderson
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

*Insane* no one has been dropped after the last two weeks.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We to capt run this morning thanks to a little Birdy player telling me the time it was on

Observations

A lot of work defending
Munny is definitely playing (unless I’m a bad judge)
Jonah is starting
Tyran on the bench

The bench named is who will play

A lot of balls going wills way

Tom and George getting into everything …Bellamy was calling George’s name a lot

4 maybe 5 guys are going to PNG with the Easts tigers …George Tom Kane Cole Tristan going to brissie tonight
The 6 falcons boys have a bye they had to do extras after training was over

Tepai was the only injured player training (rehab) said he is 2/3 weeks away he said apart from him it’s only Dean NAS and paps injured

Had a really good chat with Rome …he is pissed he got 2 …he wanted to take 1 but the clubs lawyer said he had a case believed he could win …he said next time he is taking the first option no matter what ..
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Lawyers are only in it for the hourly billings club shoulda seen that coming. Shame. Looked bad for us.

Thanks for the update Sally
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

nacho wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:17 pm Lawyers are only in it for the hourly billings club shoulda seen that coming. Shame. Looked bad for us.

Thanks for the update Sally
Yep Rome wasn’t happy
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Well, after last night, I don't feel so bad about our start to the season. Penrith, the deadset locks for a threepeat (if you listen to the media) now share the same w-l ratio as Melbourne.
Does it excuse some very ordinary defensive efforts by the storm? No. But it does show that teams are definitely aiming up and coming out hard against the good sides. Parramatta 1-3, cows 1-2, sharks, 1-2, bunnies 1-2, and the roosters are pretty lucky to be 2-1 really. So that's both of last years grand finalists, the 2 red hots of last season and the chooks, who were being talked up as premiership faves during the preseason all more or less level pegging with Melbourne.

After the last 2 weeks, hopefully the boys go hard against the tigers and put in a solid performance. 2-2 isn't great, but it'd be a lot better than 1-3
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Lennart Bedrager wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:43 am Well, after last night, I don't feel so bad about our start to the season. Penrith, the deadset locks for a threepeat (if you listen to the media) now share the same w-l ratio as Melbourne.
Does it excuse some very ordinary defensive efforts by the storm? No. But it does show that teams are definitely aiming up and coming out hard against the good sides. Parramatta 1-3, cows 1-2, sharks, 1-2, bunnies 1-2, and the roosters are pretty lucky to be 2-1 really. So that's both of last years grand finalists, the 2 red hots of last season and the chooks, who were being talked up as premiership faves during the preseason all more or less level pegging with Melbourne.

After the last 2 weeks, hopefully the boys go hard against the tigers and put in a solid performance. 2-2 isn't great, but it'd be a lot better than 1-3
Exactly. Also, it’s better to have losses like these now than late in the season.

At least with issues the team finds they can address them and move forward.

On that note - it would be awesome if the guys started well tonight by scoring early and maintained focus.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'd feel better with where we're at if the coach wasn't questioning the effort and care factor of the players after the games.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hughes is worth probably 12 points per game, he is a huge loss and id be putting the house on Tigers 8+, with a pack like theirs they will eventually click and should steam roll us down the middle - I am a realist.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Tom Eisenhuth 18th man and Grant Anderson drops out of squad.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

blazza18 wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:35 am I'd feel better with where we're at if the coach wasn't questioning the effort and care factor of the players after the games.
I'd be extremely disappointed if he wasn't!
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Were in good hands with Pezet. If paps is out for even longer I'd happily move Munny or Hughes into FB and Pezet in the vacant halves position. Meany to be dropped as the unlucky man.

Warbrick showing us his stuff is grouse.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It’s hilarious the tigers had the opportunity to let Brooks leave and they decided against it. He’s been a top 3 player for us.

Munster is really leading from the front. Wants the responsibility and is being rewarded.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Olam with 45 post contact metres in the first half
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The weekly Meaney isn’t a fullback play