Round 4 Storm v Tigers at AAMI Park

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

riders of the storm wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:31 am Loiero’s had his critics but he was good last night. If he can just remove an error or two from his game he’ll go well. Didn’t miss any tackles, ran for more than 170 metres and played the full 80 minutes.

He's not Robinson Carusoe, every forward has had their share of dropped balls, every week. Welch's looks like he's still getting his confidence back and his captains challenge was the most bizarre...
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So it's official, Papalii not charged for that hit on Garlick, watch our guys miss games for less 🤬
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Bullucked wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:50 am
riders of the storm wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:31 am Also, and I’m not sure this is a fair criticism or observation, but the defence on the right side seemed to be better with Pezet there. I’m wondering if the issue isn’t so much the winger compressing but more so the compression with the half (or sometimes the fullback) not being able to cover if the ball gets out to the wing if that makes sense.
This makes perfect sense, to me. Wing defence starts in the middle, if everybody doesn't push out the centre and wingers are left to make a decision, run in and try to shut it down or sit back and wait and work out the overlap. Of course centres and wingers coming in needlessly aint ever going to work...
Maybe reading a bit too much into this but I'm starting to notice similarities between Remis Smith and Will Chambers.