Storm @ Gold Coast Titans Cbus Super Stadium, 3.00pm AEDT

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

StormGang wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:10 am
blazza18 wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:00 am Yea I need it explained to me why an obvious premeditated shoulder charge is a fine but Hughes' gets a grade 2 dangerous contact charge? I've gone back and watched the tackle in slow-mo half a dozen times and I'm even more confused over it. It wasn't late or high, there's a bit of shoulder in there but most of the contact is from the body.
There was no wrap around of the arms, signalling a shoulder charge motion instead of a tackle attempt. Plus the Titans player was in the kicking motion so it was wreckless. Deserved a week imo, a bit careless by Hughesy.
I would have less problems with it if he was charged with a shoulder charge, although I would disagree with the grading. And I'm not sure how it was reckless when it wasn't high or late. There is no rule saying you can't contest a kicker.
StormGang
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

blazza18 wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:16 pm I would have less problems with it if he was charged with a shoulder charge, although I would disagree with the grading. And I'm not sure how it was reckless when it wasn't high or late. There is no rule saying you can't contest a kicker.
Yeah it's only cause it was a shoulder charge, if he wrapped his arms instead of bracing with the shoulder it would've been a clean hit. Also wouldn't rule out the NRL trying to cover their asses & protect the halves. Joey Johns & Billy had a debate about late hits on halves players on 9. Click here to watch.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Good - the grading of Hughes' hit is a joke (especially given Tino's charge), as is Olam being charged at all, unless they found/conjured up some previously unseen angle of Olam's hit that shows clear contact with the head or neck, something that they tried & failed to find during the game. As the commentators correctly pointed out, given the velocity and impact of Olam's hit, if it had made contact with Boyd's head he wouldn't have gotten up!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Olam got done for tackling too hard basically
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:09 pm Olam got done for tackling too hard basically
As the Ref said to Tino at the time…..”he might have hurt Tanner Boyd with the tackle but I can’t penalise him for that” ( or words to that effect). How the Match Review committee found otherwise is absolutely baffling.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Because they listen to the commentary. Shouldn't be allowed to hear the comments until after they've announced their review, that way guys like Baldy can't use their comments for an agenda i.e. getting storm players charged
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

My reputation is on the line with Storm taking my advice and challenging Hughes' charge haha.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just a bit 😉
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hughes found guilty and will miss two weeks. F**king pathetic by the MRC and judiciary.

Edit: Apparently there are different rules for Roosters players. :rolleye:
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Fa’alogo 1. Meaney 2. Munny 6. Pezet 7. Hope we go this way against Wests.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Have been asked to step down as chief decision maker at the club. But I have one thing to say - I ain’t leavin’.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Challenging the decision just stinks of desperation and now look at what's happened.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:33 pm Have been asked to step down as chief decision maker at the club. But I have one thing to say - I ain’t leavin’.
😂😂😂