Storm @ Gold Coast Titans Cbus Super Stadium, 3.00pm AEDT

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

After the game I went out for dinner and slammed the car door shut on my finger by accident... It actually felt better than sitting through that Titans match.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

And now Hughes to get a week's holiday.
This just gets better and better.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Giving Hughes a grade 2 is a nasty decision. It wasn't late and you can argue shoulder charge because he didn't wrap his arms but it was more of a body collision. We should fight it imo.
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

blazza18 wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:15 pm Giving Hughes a grade 2 is a nasty decision. It wasn't late and you can argue shoulder charge because he didn't wrap his arms but it was more of a body collision. We should fight it imo.
So if Hughes is out for a week (and I really don't think he'll get less) makes me think Munster will be back next week with Pezet at 7. Bellamy has said that he trained last week so even if he's not 100%, circumstances and lack of players could mean he's back earlier. The other option ( and I hate to suggest this ) would be Pezet at 7 and Nikorima at 6.
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Itzbek the Purple wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:55 pm
blazza18 wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:15 pm Giving Hughes a grade 2 is a nasty decision. It wasn't late and you can argue shoulder charge because he didn't wrap his arms but it was more of a body collision. We should fight it imo.
So if Hughes is out for a week (and I really don't think he'll get less) makes me think Munster will be back next week with Pezet at 7. Bellamy has said that he trained last week so even if he's not 100%, circumstances and lack of players could mean he's back earlier. The other option ( and I hate to suggest this ) would be Pezet at 7 and Nikorima at 6.
An even wilder suggestion would be moving Meaney back to five-eighth, Pezet at halfback and bring in Fa'alogo in to play fullback.

Also, I may have misheard Bellamy but I'm pretty sure he suspected Munster might not be OK until round five? Obviously, happy to be completely wrong here.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

blazza18 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:46 pm Wish Jahrome would do any kick besides a midfield bomb all the time.
Are grubbers and chips banned from the game nowadays?
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I know he scored two tries, but I’m over Meaney at FB. He offers so little. In attack and defence.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We've been spoilt for so long but yea it's pretty glaring just how bang average Meaney is as a fullback.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If Munster isn't available this week, is it worth exploring the possibility of calling Ryley Jacks up from Easts Tigers? The alternative would be Wishart/Pezet which is not very experienced.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

How does Tino escape with a fine? He premeditated a shoulder charge at Katoa's head because he was angry when Olam tackled Boyd too hard. He should have been sent from the field for it too.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yea I need it explained to me why an obvious premeditated shoulder charge is a fine but Hughes' gets a grade 2 dangerous contact charge? I've gone back and watched the tackle in slow-mo half a dozen times and I'm even more confused over it. It wasn't late or high, there's a bit of shoulder in there but most of the contact is from the body.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

There's some irony to be appreciated in Hughes getting suspended for a late shot on a fellow half. He should know better being on the receiving end of them, the risk outweighs reward.
StormGang
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

blazza18 wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:00 am Yea I need it explained to me why an obvious premeditated shoulder charge is a fine but Hughes' gets a grade 2 dangerous contact charge? I've gone back and watched the tackle in slow-mo half a dozen times and I'm even more confused over it. It wasn't late or high, there's a bit of shoulder in there but most of the contact is from the body.
There was no wrap around of the arms, signalling a shoulder charge motion instead of a tackle attempt. Plus the Titans player was in the kicking motion so it was wreckless. Deserved a week imo, a bit careless by Hughesy.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I agree with the Hughes one. I just don't understand the lack of action against Tino
StormGang
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Mattpoet wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:42 am I agree with the Hughes one. I just don't understand the lack of action against Tino
Same. Happened in retaliation to Olam smashing the sh*t outta one of his boys so it was obviously some intent there.