Storm @ Gold Coast Titans Cbus Super Stadium, 3.00pm AEDT

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

C'mon Harry be better than that.
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Stale, error riddled, unwatchable the Storm. In back to back games.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sorry, just back to say Loiero is an absolute dud - seriously, how is he getting a game over Pene?!? I'd play Lewis over him FFS. /rant
SunshineCoastStormer
Squall
Squall

Absolutely dreadful.

Never seen such indiscipline in all facets of the game. And still could have won.

Awful. Hurt more than the Dogs game this one…

On the flip. Pezet showed some class and clearly has the balls for NRL level.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hard to watch. Especially when the Storm just gifted several tries to Gold Coast. It’s hard enough to score tries ourselves without inviting them over the stripe.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Teejay
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

We should have kept Brandon Smith instead
StormGang
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Didn't deserve to win that game. Grant & Hughes carried us that game. Looked tired & gave up way too many bloody penalties & dropped balls.
It's only early days but to lose two in a row to the Dogs & bloody Titans is pathetic. Would not be the least bit surprised if we bloody lose to the Tigers next week smh.
Teejay
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

riders of the storm wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:43 pm How good is the Pezet and Hughes combination? They're causing so many problems.
Pezet and Munny would be a better combination, Hughes would be better as a 14 come on when the opposition are tired
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Pretty horrific showing.

Just guilty of so many horrible mistakes.

The two which really took the cake were the Hughes turnover which led to the Schoupp try and the Katoa off-load which Vuna scooped up and scored.

Just bad game awareness and a lack of attention to detail. Annoyingly - the talent is all there. That’s obvious based off the 34 points they scored.
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

There seems to be no one at the moment who can calm the team down through the crisis moments. C Smith was the master of that.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Really disappointing. That loss wasn't about skill, it was about effort and concentration.

There are several players who need a serious attitude adjustment.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I thought the effort was there, we just played stupidly. Errors, penalties, 6 agains, way too many. Don't even think neutrals would have enjoyed that game, was amateur hour basically the whole way through.

We found one in Pezet though. He doesn't play Q Cup again IMO.

Loeiro on the other hand, does. Don't really care who replaces him. Just a terrible, terrible game by him, there must be consequences.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Round three and Bellamy is publicly wondering about the team’s care factor. So things are going well.

I maintain the talent just isn’t good enough but like holding onto the ball and not giving away lazy penalties isn’t a talent issue. The were up 24-12 right before half time and were going for the kill until a dropped ball. Then they stopped playing.

Happy for Pezet to have a positive debut. He may have just been our best performing player.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

When Munster comes back, I'd play him at fullback:

1.Munster
2.Meaney
6.Pezet
Bartos
Squall
Squall

Mattpoet wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:20 pm When Munster comes back, I'd play him at fullback:

1.Munster
2.Meaney
6.Pezet
I love it!