Round 2 v Bulldogs at AAMI Park

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mstorm1999
Squall
Squall

Nothing against Anderson, but IMO just don’t see much in him and don’t see any real potential.
Doesn’t offer much speed & strength & isn’t a strong ball carrier either. In this age of the nrl you have to have at least one of those attributes in the backline.

It’s why Penrith have been so dominant the last two years & went back to back, they have very strong ball carriers in the back line to help the forwards out and then the spine can play at their best off the back of all the momentum & fast play the balls.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Mstorm1999 wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:37 pm Nothing against Anderson, but IMO just don’t see much in him and don’t see any real potential.
Doesn’t offer much speed & strength & isn’t a strong ball carrier either. In this age of the nrl you have to have at least one of those attributes in the backline.

It’s why Penrith have been so dominant the last two years & went back to back, they have very strong ball carriers in the back line to help the forwards out and then the spine can play at their best off the back of all the momentum & fast play the balls.
Agree with you. I find our outside back depth pretty uninspiring TBH. They're all either pretty vanilla or have peaked in their careers (Seve, Ieremia, Jennings, Young T and Anderson). Only Sua and Warbrick show any real potential. That part of the field needs a complete overhaul IMO.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Lucas wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:52 am
Mstorm1999 wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:37 pm Nothing against Anderson, but IMO just don’t see much in him and don’t see any real potential.

Agree with you. I find our outside back depth pretty uninspiring TBH. They're all either pretty vanilla or have peaked in their careers (Seve, Ieremia, Jennings, Young T and Anderson). Only Sua and Warbrick show any real potential. That part of the field needs a complete overhaul IMO.
Lucas a bit harsh on Young Tonumaipea but valid point re: the other depth backs.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Xavier Coates, Chris Lewis and Joe Chan drop out of squad.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Lucas wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:45 pm Time to unleash the Pez?
Would think it's a good chance? Can't see a winger staying on the bench
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:41 am
Bradley for Anderson. Pez to 6. Wishart to the bench
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Storm Spirit wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:08 am
blazza18 wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:41 am
Bradley for Anderson. Pez to 6. Wishart to the bench
Id like to see that, no better time to get experience into youngins
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ah so Bradley on the bench for some reason. Good luck to him on debut.

I can’t believe another random guy has gotten his debut before Howarth. Feel like the fan base is getting trolled at this point.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:48 pm Ah so Bradley on the bench for some reason. Good luck to him on debut.

I can’t believe another random guy has gotten his debut before Howarth. Feel like the fan base is getting trolled at this point.
I'd have thought the club would have given us some kind of info regarding his status, it is now open to conspiracy theories. My theory is relationship breakdown with the club and both parties don't like each other and neither are ready to pay out and part ways so it's reggies forever. Happy to be wrong.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

How about these jumpers?! Phenomenal!
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Scooter wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:33 am
Lucas wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:52 am

Lucas a bit harsh on Young Tonumaipea but valid point re: the other depth backs.
Not harsh. Accurate.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

No player looks more out of depth in first grade than Anderson. I don’t get why he was brought back.
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

blazza18 wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:07 pm No player looks more out of depth in first grade than Anderson. I don’t get why he was brought back.
Because he had that one great game on debut....
It's like they're trying to capture lightening in the bottle.
I feel for the guy tbh, he got lucky, now there's just a mountain of expectation that he's unlikely to ever climb
SunshineCoastStormer
Squall
Squall

I don’t want to pick on players but how you can pick Anderson over Fa’alongo is beyond me…
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Lot of arm grabbing from Loiero. Been poor.

We look so slow and nowhere near athletic enough in comparison to the dogs. Getting run off the park.