Round 2 v Bulldogs at AAMI Park

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Garlick has earned more playing time. Him and MacDonald.
SunshineCoastStormer
Squall
Squall

Well the 2nd half was a bit better but we weee well off the pace…

Some nice efforts from Garlick, NAS and Katoa on the 2nd half.

Not sure why Bradley was on the bench? Bellamy clearly has limited confidence in Andersen. May as well just start Bradley or Fa’alongo? I think we need to go 4 forwards in future…
Utha
Squall
Squall

Bellamy starting to lose me like Clarkson did, and that makes me sad. :(
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Tonight was really an opportunistic Bulldogs team to ignite the opening to their season after last week against a small, inexperienced Storm side. This isn't the storm that'll be playing come finals time thankfully.

I think there weren't many bad performers tonight other than perhaps Young. I think overall we were targeted in our weakest areas which happen to be Bulldogs strengths by miles, our back three and edges.

Welch led well, challenged the fwds and injected himself from the bench when we needed it. Nelson huge.

Garlic, Macdonald, Warbrick all doing really well this season.

Reimis quiet but that was the same when he debuted it took a few weeks to click.

Wishart and Meany doing their bloody best out there.

Hughes working like a trojan and Harry trying although with not the typical impact.

Loiero went unnoticed I feel but was 1 of 3 fwds to break 100m, he made 35 tackles although missed 3. Overall I'm happy with his performance if he can play 80 and consistently break 100m then we are doing well
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Not the storms finest performance, but they didn't give up, and there were some good signs in amongst the mess.

The new combinations will get better with time, and if we can catch a break with injuries, there's still a fair whack of talent to get back on the field

A loss is always disappointing, but it's hardly panic stations at this point.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Unfortunately our effort wasn't there. At least we did have a crack in the second half. Katoa was our best player.

Don't forget we have 11 players on our injury list. At least 6 or 7 from our best 17.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Does anyone know what's wrong with NAS?
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Knee inquiry medial ligament
SunshineCoastStormer
Squall
Squall

Based on the presser, I think the boys will have a tough week at training.

Effort called out repeatedly by CB.

I think we can all take losing a tough game with a good effort. Tonight we were miles off for 50-60mins and some late tries flattered us.

Can’t blame the injuries tonight but a fresh face or two wouldn’t hurt next week. Would be nice to see Sims fit and Fa’alongo given a crack. I’d let him pay FB and play Meaney wing.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Worst game I’ve seen Storm play in the history of storms 25 years
Mstorm1999
Squall
Squall

Sim’s, Fa'alogo, Howarth, Pezet & Vaalepu need to be given a crack now/when fit. Better early in the season then later.
For all we know these are the type of players that will make a difference when we are full strength/need fill ins for injuries.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'd love to see Fa'alogo and Valeepu especially
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The Bellamy presser sounded exactly like one from July last season. He seems dumfounded that a team with a lot of fringe first graders (at best) can't get up for nrl games every week.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

The eye test

We were run through the middle, consistently, easy metres up the guts, but, different to us, they stepped before the line leaving us grabbing at air. An early kick chase, we had three defenders and the opposition gets around us, WTF?

Hold down for as long as possible is not working any more, time for a new idea, like, maybe, sticking tackles first up. Cannot blame people out, 13 blokes know how to tackle.

No effort or intensity in first half, piss poor. It's like years past where we sat and waited for the half time spray.

Controversial as this is, and I said it to the member next to me at half time, I wanted us to lose to zero. To score 12 points flattered us too much.
Bartos
Squall
Squall

Anyone know what happened to cointree as sponsor? The shorts have patches on them where it should be