Round 2 v Bulldogs at AAMI Park

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Game over. We got nothing - too many players out, and no real quality depth. There's no intensity, no line speed, no effective tackles, no structure in attack or defence - this is putrid and not worth watching.

And yes, Loiero is VERY overrated.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yikes, one word "unwatchable"
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

with Olam out injured we need to have Welch and NAS on seperately. We lack the physicality once they are rotated off and teams get the upper hand with their mindset but also muscle.

I am really liking what Warbrick brings even getting caught out with a man down.
Last edited by nacho on Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Insomniac wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:17 pm Game over. We got nothing - too many players out, and no real quality depth. There's no intensity, no line speed, no effective tackles, no structure in attack or defence - this is putrid and not worth watching.

I questioned him last week before looking at his stats. I don't know if overrated is the word, I just think he delivers something totally different than Kenny did, no ball play and hasn't been around a decade so needs to have head down bum up attitude
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Without going back to check that might’ve been as bad as any half of footy we played late last season? Honestly the score line flatters us too.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

blazza18 wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:26 pm Without going back to check that might’ve been as bad as any half of footy we played late last season? Honestly the score line flatters us too.
Without resorting to hyperbole, that might have been the worst half in the last 20 years. And Bellamy only has himself to blame, he's recruited poorly and hasn't developed a decent young player since this ridiculous year by year contract situation of his got formalised. Sign up as head coach long term or lima lima lima duck off.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

nacho wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:23 pm
Insomniac wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:17 pm Game over. We got nothing - too many players out, and no real quality depth. There's no intensity, no line speed, no effective tackles, no structure in attack or defence - this is putrid and not worth watching.

I questioned him last week before looking at his stats. I don't know if overrated is the word, I just think he delivers something totally different than Kenny did, no ball play and hasn't been around a decade so needs to have head down bum up attitude
I'm not sure what the stats say about Loiero, but he fails the eye test in my opinion; mentally switches off too many times with poor handling, giving away penalties, and making poor decisions - he does have some positive moments, granted, and maybe he just doesn't stand out when he's doing his job OK/well, but he certainly does stand out when he's not.

Can we just skip ahead to when the other half of our first grade team are on the field and we (hopefully) start competing at a decent level again?
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I said last week Young has matured physically, I want to reiterate I said Physically not mentally. FFS

Looks like bellyache is reading this forum, NAS and Welch coming in soon
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Lucas wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:30 pm
blazza18 wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:26 pm Without going back to check that might’ve been as bad as any half of footy we played late last season? Honestly the score line flatters us too.
Without resorting to hyperbole, that might have been the worst half in the last 20 years. And Bellamy only has himself to blame, he's recruited poorly and hasn't developed a decent young player since this ridiculous year by year contract situation of his got formalised. Sign up as head coach long term or *lima lima lima duck* off.
I dunno, it's been a poo performance, but I watched the 2008 grand final, so far, this isn't 'that bad'
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Putrid. I don’t know what else to say.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just getting physically overmatched every tackle. Just bizarre to watch.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Lennart Bedrager wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:46 pm
Without resorting to hyperbole, that might have been the worst half in the last 20 years. And Bellamy only has himself to blame, he's recruited poorly and hasn't developed a decent young player since this ridiculous year by year contract situation of his got formalised. Sign up as head coach long term or *lima lima lima duck* off.
I dunno, it's been a poo performance, but I watched the 2008 grand final, so far, this isn't 'that bad'
Fair call actually. I'm not sure there's another though.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

You can thank me for that Try. Well done Nelson play with some pride son.
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Lucas wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:50 pm
Lennart Bedrager wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:46 pm
Fair call actually. I'm not sure there's another though.
Don't get me, this is bloody ordinary, but there's still time to find some redeeming performances
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

There's a glimmer of hope!