Round 2 v Bulldogs at AAMI Park

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Bartos wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:46 pm Anyone know what happened to cointree as sponsor? The shorts have patches on them where it should be
Crypto currency is not in a great place at the moment. Fair chance they can't spare the real money this week.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Dreadful performance.
Melbourne turned up thinking they would just have to go through the motions. When it didn't go according to plan everyone waited for someone else to do the hard work and pull them out of the excrement.
Young had two brain explosions in 2 minutes and got himself binned. Then it was all over.
Last week Munster stood up in the second half and grabbed the game by the scruff of the neck and got us back into it. This week Nelson tried, but he got injured and no one else stepped up.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I thought Welch tried to get the guys going after he came back on but was too late. Agree on everyone looking around for someone else to have an answer. Felt like we had the same issue during last years awful run too.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

They say players should retire before going 1 year too long …it’s possible Bellamy might have hit that point
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:59 pm They say players should retire before going 1 year too long …it’s possible Bellamy might have hit that point
No way. That’s on the players. Fkn soft and lazy. If you can’t get up to play like a maniac for the best NRL coach of the last 18 years…then lima lima lima duck off out of the NRL.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Storm Spirit wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 3:11 pm
sallymay wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:59 pm They say players should retire before going 1 year too long …it’s possible Bellamy might have hit that point
No way. That’s on the players. Fkn soft and lazy. If you can’t get up to play like a maniac for the best NRL coach of the last 18 years…then *lima lima lima duck* off out of the NRL.
With respect to the eminent Sally, I'd agree with SS. The usual gauge as to a coach is "Has he lost the sheds" or " Are the players paying attention to him" and by the photos being published, there is no evidence of that. The other thing about coach's "use by date" is negative items leaked to the press and I've seen none of that.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It's not a coaching issue yet I don't think. It's a talent issue and atm with injuries and poor depth we don't have it in a lot of positions atm.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:33 pm It's not a coaching issue yet I don't think. It's a talent issue and atm with injuries and poor depth we don't have it in a lot of positions atm.
Yep, was going to say this.

Our roster management and strength and conditioning staff should wear a chunk of this.

That doesn’t excuse effort issues. Two weeks in a row, we are running sideways or looking for a sneaky pass rather than rolling up sleeves and trying to win the ruck battle. It’s looking for a shortcut and the antithesis of what Bellamy is about.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

For over about 15 years we have had excellent backup fullbacks that just can’t get a game. Now it’s almost as if we have no one.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I would also say that we have in the past had so much experience that when we bring in a younger player or journeyman, they can slot into a well established system, focus on one or two things and be successful. With that experience gone, the structures are flimsy and they seemingly can’t glide through unnoticed like in days gone.