Milestone Thread 2023

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Correct me if I'm wrong, but from Thursday night's squad against the Broncos I think every player in Storm's line-up except Josh King has played QCup this season and is eligible to play in QCup finals.

I'd also love to know total number of first grade games experience in that side. Must be right down there with our lowest ever.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Nuh you have to play a total of 3 Qcup games 240 minutes to be eligible for finals in any grade….

unless you have played more then 8 in a lower team then you are eligible to play older grades no idea how that works but somehow 3 of the falcons colts who have played 1 or 2 games are eligible to play for the Hostplus team the final tomorrow

Also That’s why Paps can’t play the finals he only played 2 and half games missed out by 40 minutes

I looked it up in the comp rules to see if paps could play when he came back just in case he didn’t make the storm squad even though he was never going back to Falcs really lol
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I find that a little bit strange. I used to be involved in the VFL and (back then at least), AFL players could play if their AFL team was still in finals. Otherwise, they had to have either played a certain number of VFL games or missed a certain amount of time through injury. It allowed for a player who was on the fringe all year to keep getting game time if he lost his spot in the last few rounds.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Josh King played his 50th Storm game last night