2023 wish list

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Scooter wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 5:38 am Jesse not playing for Storm.

Tick.
Go back to April 2019 when Bula first mentioned Jesse's ineffectiveness. I think their were a few of us even at that stage who thought the writing was on the wall, to think he eeked out that year and two more seasons is incredible

https://stormfans.club/search.php?st=0& ... start=1785
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Good call Bullucked (and Bula).

Be more than happy for Will Warbrick and Xavier Coates to start as our wingers next season. And just have Jahrome Hughes kick bombs for them both all day every day.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Lennart Bedrager wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:48 am At the moment, Storm has lost that belief, the heads go down, the cohesion falls apart...next season can be different, and I believe it will
I agree and I think it's largely due to the privileged careers of most of the players to have come through the storm ranks. we've always been successful and dominant.

Hard times create strong men.
Strong men create good times.
Good times create weak men.
And, weak men create hard times.

When backs are against the wall, it seems we fall into the second half of that quote.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

What concerns me the most, and i hope I'm not being too melodramatic, but I feel players have come here for less money and more for the Bellamy experience and for our winning culture. We still have Bellamy (for how much longer? - mid year the drums will start beating again) and for our winning culture.

This Christmas I'm asking Santa for, as Nacho puts it, some "strong men" (for the team - not me! :lol: ) and a winning culture.