Final vs Raiders

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

SunshineCoastStormer wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:50 pm Game to be won in the forwards.

Pack needs to at least match what is a good Canberra pack esp Tapine and Young….

If we match them there I’m confident Munster and Co will have enough to win it
Guess we'll be losing then given what ours have produced for the majority of the season...
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Tui Kamikamica and Brandon Smith will take place in Storm's run on side against the Raiders while Felise Kaufusi and Josh King revert to the interchange bench alongside Trent Loiero and Chris Lewis. Young Tonumaipea will start as 18th man.

Final Team List

1. Nick Meaney
2. David Nofoaluma
3. Marion Seve
4. Justin Olam
5. Xavier Coates
6. Cameron Munster
7. Jahrome Hughes
8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Harry Grant
10. Nelson Asofa-Solomona
12. Kenneath Bromwich
15. Tui Kamikamica
14. Brandon Smith

INTERCHANGE
11. Felise Kaufusi
13. Josh King
16. Trent Loiero
17. Chris Lewis

RESERVES
18. Young Tonumaipea
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The Olam poor decision making defensively on display there
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Double post, apologies
Last edited by Lennart Bedrager on Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

we are being conspired against, I swear.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I'm not sure Meaney is a good enough player to be carrying him injured and hoping that him at 70% is sufficient.
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Pathetic defensive resolve.... this is just embarrassing.
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Lucas wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:24 pm I'm not sure Meaney is a good enough player to be carrying him injured and hoping that him at 70% is sufficient.
At this point, who could we replace him with? The injury toll this season has well and truly done the side in
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Meaney's forgotten how to kick conversions and tackle, Xavier looks about as quick as Kenny out wide, ridiculous one-sided penalties from another amateur ref again, and we can't defend our own line anymore. Bring on 2023.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Lennart Bedrager wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:25 pm
Lucas wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:24 pm I'm not sure Meaney is a good enough player to be carrying him injured and hoping that him at 70% is sufficient.
At this point, who could we replace him with? The injury toll this season has well and truly done the side in
Chris Lewis, Johns.
big_m
Squall
Squall

Insomniac wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:27 pm Meaney's forgotten how to kick conversions and tackle, Xavier looks about as quick as Kenny out wide, ridiculous one-sided penalties from another amateur ref again, and we can't defend our own line anymore. Bring on 2023.
You are really picking out Xavier as one of the problems here? He has scored all 8 of our points....
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Really disappointing. While the defence has been mostly good, every time they scored is due to an abysmal effort on our part.
Ref certainly not helping, but if we were making tackles stick we'd be 8 nil.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Based on that half, I've made peace with this being the end of the season. There's not enough there to get past next week or the week after. A win today's only delaying the inevitable unfortunately. Can't win em all, but it's been a kind of sad slow fizzle as opposed to going pit with a bang
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

big_m wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:35 pm
Insomniac wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:27 pm Meaney's forgotten how to kick conversions and tackle, Xavier looks about as quick as Kenny out wide, ridiculous one-sided penalties from another amateur ref again, and we can't defend our own line anymore. Bring on 2023.
You are really picking out Xavier as one of the problems here? He has scored all 8 of our points....
It was my general summary/observations of the first half - I'm certainly not on the bag-Xavier bandwagon, but he did look so slow or lacked any real urgency in getting the ball to the try line for his first try, and it looked a lot harder than it really should have been. His second try was simply catch and put down, so I wouldn't say he's the main reason for our 8 points, but he's certainly not the reason why we're behind either.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Can’t believe they pulled that off