Final vs Raiders

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Saturday at 5.40pm AAMI Park

Whingy Stuart already complaining because we've got a 9 day break and there's us 6 so they're getting the short straw. Can this guy just do what's best for the game and retire instead of complaining (like a weak-gutted dog perhaps?) about everything every week? Honestly up there with Baldy and K*nt for the negative impact he has on the game.
Utha
Squall
Squall

Sticky should take it up with Channel Nein, because they wanted the Roosters v Rabbitohs game to be on the Sunday.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Mattpoet wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:06 pm Saturday at 5.40pm AAMI Park

Whingy Stuart already complaining because we've got a 9 day break and there's us 6 so they're getting the short straw. Can this guy just do what's best for the game and retire instead of complaining (like a weak-gutted dog perhaps?) about everything every week? Honestly up there with Baldy and K*nt for the negative impact he has on the game.
I don't disagree with you but this is Ricky's Schtick, it's what he does and it's what most (not ours obviously) coaches do to garner some support, seeking the underdog title.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Oh I understand why he does it, just completely over it and can't believe he only got 1 week for what he said.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

The equation is really simple.

If Jesse and Brandon play like they want to win a premiership, we're in.
If they play like they have the last few weeks, we're out.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

TC wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 6:07 pm The equation is really simple.

It's their last ever game at aami, and potentially their last ever game for the storm. Hopefully they don't let the occasion get to them and play like it means something to them.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

turns out i didnt renew my membership this year, a first in my 20+ years. Does anyone have an AAN they can give me in the meantime until I renew for this year
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I just used the code "Storm2022" and did it post the 1300 cutoff yesterday. I tried using my number but it wouldn't accept it as too late
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Outside of Canberra seemingly finding a way to win games at AAMI for whatever reason I genuinely have no feel for this game.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Lennart Bedrager wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:22 pm

It's their last ever game at aami, and potentially their last ever game for the storm. Hopefully they don't let the occasion get to them and play like it means something to them.
Call me cynical, but if they couldn't get up for their last regular season home game with their families there and with a top 4 spot on the line, I don't know how this is going to be any different.
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

TC wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:04 pm
Lennart Bedrager wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:22 pm

Call me cynical, but if they couldn't get up for their last regular season home game with their families there and with a top 4 spot on the line, I don't know how this is going to be any different.
I wish I had a counter point......
Unfortunately, we just have to hope they find something, because I don't doubt Canberra will come out swinging
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

What's a go-to pub/venue for a casual meal and drink before the game? I haven't been to a home game since Covid ruined everything so this is my comeback. Is it still a case of venturing down Swan St and seeing whats around?
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

It was pointed out to me today the bookies are offering over $3 for the Raiders. Question; are we really deservedly that much favoured? Nacho, you may watch the odds?
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Bullucked wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:50 pm It was pointed out to me today the bookies are offering over $3 for the Raiders. Question; are we really deservedly that much favoured? Nacho, you may watch the odds?
A couple of the guys in my office follow the odds closely, so I keep up with them. At the moment TAB has us at 1.37 to the Raiders 3.15. The other sites I checked are much the same.

Bookies aren't stupid, and don't like losing money. So while some of those odds will be down to the amount of cash that has been put down on Storm, they are obviously seeing something there.
SunshineCoastStormer
Squall
Squall

Game to be won in the forwards.

Pack needs to at least match what is a good Canberra pack esp Tapine and Young….

If we match them there I’m confident Munster and Co will have enough to win it