Storm vs Eels

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Massive defensive effort by us, 8 points conceded is great considering Browns try would have been penalised had we actually tackled him.

I don't think Coates performance can be judged, he's got no genuine half providing ball. Hughes would ordinarily be kicking to him or drawing defenders and giving good ball, John's and then Lewis provide none of that.

Nofo, Meany, Munny and Olam look like they're about to make something happen. Kenny playing like it's one of his last games in Purple. Good to see.
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

TC wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:39 pmI'm over Coates too.
It's like the kid is completely unaware of his size, he's got plenty of power, but just can't seem to fathom how to put it to use
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

nacho wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:42 pm Massive defensive effort by us, 8 points conceded is great considering Browns try would have been penalised had we actually tackled him.
Exactly. Munster hangs back because you can bet your house Klein blows a penalty had he dived on him

Then at the other end of the field we get done for trying not to make the same mistake twice.

Very much a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Half time, are we a sniff of a chance? (I can't watch it until tomorrow - grrr)
big_m
Squall
Squall

Not sure why all the focus on Coates. He's 21 and developing his game. The reason we are getting completely dominated in a first half yet again is not because a winger isnt playing well. If some of the forwards took some hit ups instead of doing link passes we might start getting field position and back into the contest.

We can still win this but need to cut out the unforced errors and get some metres from the pack.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

nacho wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:42 pm
I don't think Coates performance can be judged, he's got no genuine half providing ball.
Really poor decision making has seen him go into touch twice and lose the ball trying not to go into touch another time.
A right foot step would have got him a try.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Storm_M_36
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Big NAS on report for what would be accepted in netball, which is a non contact sport........I have no Idea why we should have to play the Panthers in Sydney if we win tonight!! So much for finishing 4th and having to play 1st...Makes zero sense to me...I know we'd get a double chance, but it's absolute crap that 1st has to play 4th! 1st should be playing 8th, 2nd playing 7th and so on in the first week.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Yeah I don't get the Coates hate. He's had zero space to work into.

Olam looks lame to me, perhaps a knee? Anyone else notice this? This has the feel of a game that just isn't going to go our way, despite some good efforts.
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Storm_M_36 wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:50 pm Big NAS on report for what would be accepted in netball, which is a non contact sport........I have no Idea why we should have to play the Panthers in Sydney if we win tonight!! So much for finishing 4th and having to play 1st...Makes zero sense to me...I know we'd get a double chance, but it's absolute crap that 1st has to play 4th! 1st should be playing 8th, 2nd playing 7th and so on in the first week.
The McIntyre system was better in my eyes
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

First 10 minutes sets the tone, we win or lose based on that. Cheese, NAS and Tui need to be on.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

nacho wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:55 pm First 10 minutes sets the tone, we win or lose based on that. Cheese, NAS and Tui need to be on.
I think we're going to have a problem now...
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Poor defence on that try too
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Well, unfortunately that's probably just ended the chance of getting a 4th place finish
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

We were never going to finish fourth. Bad season, too many injuries, and too many players leaving who have not really played well or care.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Unfortunately Bellamy should have bit the bullet in the middle of the season, even with the injuries and dropped Jesse to Queensland Cup.

Give Jordan Grant a decent effort at first grade.