Storm vs Eels

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:55 am
Lennart Bedrager wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:43 pm
TC wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:39 pmI'm over Coates too.
It's like the kid is completely unaware of his size, he's got plenty of power, but just can't seem to fathom how to put it to use
He's the ideal size for a winger but I don't see the power, honestly. Him vs Sivo was a complete mismatch.
Sivo is far more mature in terms of physicality. He actively looks to run through opposition players. Thatl come in time for Xavier. Sivo has that Olam mentality with a different kind of athletic build. a couple more seasons and Xavier will pack on that mature muscle.
SunshineCoastStormer
Squall
Squall

Coates had good speed and height which are a good start for a modern NRL winger.

He’s had a decent year but injuries have not helped and expectations were high especially given he was already an Origin winger..

He needs to work on

Catching - a bit disappointing this aspect of his game didn’t improve that much this year
Weight - tough ask to balance without losing too much speed
Overall toughness - he looks like a genuine nice bloke. But would love to see a bit more mongrel on the pitch…
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Feel like his catching issues come from not seeing the ball in the air properly and leaping too early.

I think he has great straight line speed but doesn't move really well besides that. Getting stronger/tougher will be key for him moving forward.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Is it just me or do we seem to get Klein as the ref more than any other. There is eight games a week so you would think that we would not get him as often as week do. Klein would have to the worse referee for storm out there. Classic example is the report of NAS, it was barely a penalty. There is numerous calls like that every time we have his as ref.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We get him every time it's a big game and I think it's because he'll call crap against us
Storm_M_36
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I read an article Re Meaney where he says that it's an injury he sustained against the Warriors and has been having injections and playing through the pain. He said he'll be fine to play next week!