Storm vs Roosters

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

SunshineCoastStormer wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:47 pm Jeez blazza18 what game do you watch?

Toss of a coin game and we didn’t do enough to win it. Especially in the middle.

Must be tougher next week in the middle and start better. Eels are bogey team. Will not be easy
Huh?
SunshineCoastStormer
Squall
Squall

My post took a while to pop up so didn’t follow yours.

I think for the Roosters game you bagged:
Coates - hate his game
Meaney - mad moments
Brandon for doing something g stupid after he tried to jump on the loose ball near the end

Strange opinions for a Storm fan.
SunshineCoastStormer
Squall
Squall

big_m wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 5:19 am wasnt the refs fault we lost this - our forwards got bashed in the first half.
100% on this. Battered in the middle. Too much to do in 2nd half. Still could have pinched it but didn’t have enough composure (and no luck)

Look at this way. We have to play well to beat Parra away and winning there would be a great springboard for finals
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

SunshineCoastStormer wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 9:26 am My post took a while to pop up so didn’t follow yours.

I think for the Roosters game you bagged:
Coates - hate his game
Meaney - mad moments
Brandon for doing something g stupid after he tried to jump on the loose ball near the end

Strange opinions for a Storm fan.
So fans can't criticise players? I don't get that opinion at all.

I said Meaney had a couple of bad moments. He fluffed some passes when we were on the attack.
I liked Brandon's effort but not sure going for a (at best) 50/50 ball on the Roosters last tackle was the smartest thing to do. This was right after Munster basically iced the game with an awful penalty.

I really like Coates the person. He just doesn't make things happen enough on his own. He's neither a strong ball runner or defender. Outside of his speed he's just a guy. And that's not something I noticed about him before he became a Storm player.
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Somehow NAS had been charged with Dangerous Contract. Couldn’t be that tackle where a forearm landed on Crichtons (I think it was) chest could it?
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I haven't seen the charge sheet but looks like Nelson is pretty lucky with only coping a fine. Dude is dropping elbows all over the place. He's turned into a grub.
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

There are a few things to take out of that game.

Firstly, the team really needs to figure out how to overcome coffin kicking tactics. For anyone who doesn’t know what coffin kicking is - it’s when you bomb to the opposition wings and pin them in the corner. They don’t have space to counter attack and it forces the team receiving the ball to work harder out of their own half.

Secondly, the long range kicking game sucks. It has ever since Smith retired. The rules have changed once again and good kicking for field position is highly valued. Too many aimless bombs from Munster which don’t go deep enough into enemy territory.

Finally, the guys need to be more patient. The stop-start nature of a game like that is always going to frazzle the game plan which relies on using ball-running halves and big forwards with quick play the balls. Too often the ball was swung wide early only for the Roosters to come across in cover.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Both NAS and JWH face a $3,000 fine if they plead guilty or a 2 week ban if they fight and lose. Obviously both will plead guilty.

You have to ask questions about the system both had rap sheets as long as your arm. How are they still only getting fined?
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Lindsay Collins faces 4 weeks with early plea or 5 weeks if he fights and loses for hip drop tackle on Tom Eisenhuth. It was the third similar offence for Collins.

Anyone heard how Tom is?
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

According to Roy Ward from The Age, Craig should be fine, he will just have to rest up and ride out the migraine.

Tom Eisenhuth has a syndemosis injury and will miss at least a month.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

How is it not season over for JWH? Should have been sent not binned. He went out there with the intent to hurt someone and did it multiple times. I don't care if he's a nice guy off the field, I'm sick of that being the excuse for his years of grubbiness, he should have been run out of the game years ago.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Mattpoet wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 3:25 pm How is it not season over for JWH? Should have been sent not binned. He went out there with the intent to hurt someone and did it multiple times. I don't care if he's a nice guy off the field, I'm sick of that being the excuse for his years of grubbiness, he should have been run out of the game years ago.
I'm afraid the Shitney media will be saying the same thing about Nelson. I hope to hell that he gets the opportunity to play every game during the finals series as we don't have much else.
big_m
Squall
Squall

So with the sharks winning we cant finish top 2 now. Eels game is absolutely massive as winning the comp from outside top 4 almost impossible.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Start a bitch fight with the storm and storm forget how to play

The raiders roosters and eels have worked it out

Manly use to be able to do it but Storm figured out how to stop it
big_m
Squall
Squall

sallymay wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 9:03 pm Start a bitch fight with the storm and storm forget how to play

The raiders roosters and eels have worked it out
Add panthers to that list. Pangai Jnr roughing up and verbally abusing our forwards to start that finals game last year was no accident.