Broncos v Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hopefully NAS isn’t still out there because everyone else is hurt.
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I'm hoping wishart and Smith are more precautionary than actually injured
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Nick ' can kick ' meany !
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Bloody brilliant!
How. Good. Was. That!
SunshineCoastStormer
Squall
Squall

Impressive performance.

Bashed em up the middle and a bit of attacking swagger off the back of it.

Hope none of the injuries were too bad. Coates HIA, Wishart ankle or foot? NAS copped a whack but carried on ok.

2 big games left to make the top 4
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

SunshineCoastStormer wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:20 pm Impressive performance.

Bashed em up the middle and a bit of attacking swagger off the back of it.

Hope none of the injuries were too bad. Coates HIA, Wishart ankle or foot? NAS copped a whack but carried on ok.

2 big games left to make the top 4
We're more or less guaranteed now, it would take two massive losses by the storm and two big wins by the bunnies for us to drop to 5
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Parra can be only one game back if they win this week
big_m
Squall
Squall

If cowboys hadnt been given that win at the end over tigers then we'd currently be second.

Unbelievable performance. Bellamy should win coach of the century if this team do some damage in the finals despite all the injuries.

Nelsons effort this season has also been superhuman.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Craig said in the post game presser that Tui “did his back again”. Not sure what that means, but it definitely can’t be good. And comes at the worst possible timing… injuries have defined our year :(
Stormhunter
Squall
Squall

yourhero wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:49 pm Craig said in the post game presser that Tui “did his back again”. Not sure what that means, but it definitely can’t be good. And comes at the worst possible timing… injuries have defined our year :(
Tui missed most of 2020 due to a back injury he sustained while (over)training in isolation.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

In better news , Craig said Felise was at the game .So hopefully he will be good to play next week.

I have my fingers crossed re Tui. He was on camera a lot after the game , chatting to teammates. He seemed to be moving fine and in a good mood. If I was staring at a recurrence of a debilitating injury, I would be pretty sullen. Hopefully Tui’s body language means any issue is minor.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

RobbieRoss wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 6:23 am In better news , Craig said Felise was at the game .So hopefully he will be good to play next week.

I have my fingers crossed re Tui. He was on camera a lot after the game , chatting to teammates. He seemed to be moving fine and in a good mood. If I was staring at a recurrence of a debilitating injury, I would be pretty sullen. Hopefully Tui’s body language means any issue is minor.
Yeh I saw that too …he seemed fine to me but then he was only standing there not running into people
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Stormhunter wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:19 am
yourhero wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:49 pm Craig said in the post game presser that Tui “did his back again”. Not sure what that means, but it definitely can’t be good. And comes at the worst possible timing… injuries have defined our year :(
Tui missed most of 2020 due to a back injury he sustained while (over)training in isolation.
Sorry, yeah I definitely am familiar with Tui’s previous injury and how serious it was. I meant I don’t know what Craig meant by “did it again”, because that immediately makes me think it is very serious.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Didn’t see that result coming. What a complete domination.

63% Possession
83% Completion Rate
1,988 Running Metres (Broncos 1,110m)
641 Post Contact Metres
66 Tackle Breaks

NAS was MOTM for me. What a juggernaut. His move to the edge has been unreal. Given our injuries, if we want a legit shot at the Premiership, he almost has to stay there… and Munster at FB.

NAS Stats
71 Minutes
17 Runs (193m)
94 Post Contact Metres
1 Try
1 Try Assist
2 Offloads

Jesse had his best game in 6 years. Olam was a beast. Harry Grant cut them to shreds and Cheese was at his nuggetty best.

More of that please!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

You missed 12 tackle busts for NAS too