Panthers v Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Weird that it’s our defence and attack coming up with the answers so far. Hopefully we can hold on and get a really important two points.

Jesse was really good and led from the front. Nelson did a lot but to me tried to overplay his hand a bit too much and didn’t get enough out of his runs.

Great effort from Coates on that no try, he always leaves me wondering how he isn’t getting more out of his size though. Doesn’t get a lot of hard yards.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Close to try of the year if he gets it I reckon
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Where has this goal line defence come from?

No Felise or Jahrome….
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Shut. Them. Out! That defence was absolutely beautiful!
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

HooRah!
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Super super win. Says a huge amount about the character of this club. Very proud of them.
Storm_M_36
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Watched the first two tries at work and arrived home expecting it to be 16-12 or something similar with 3.5 mins to go. NAS got MOTM but says he didn't deserve it. I wonder who he thinks should have been awarded?
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He had 10 tackle busts, hard to think of a time I've ever seen a forward do that
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:15 pm Where has this goal line defence come from?

No Felise or Jahrome….
Olam just doing olam things, or is his defence still rubbish? :lol:
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Am I being super critical when im still not convinced we can rub shoulders with Panthers and Eels deep in the finals given we played a well under strength Penrith team after back to back weeks against cellar dwellars
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Their backup halves really struggled tonight but our defensive effort was immense and just a completely different level to where we’ve been for months.

We really struggled to get out of our own end the longer the game went so glad to hold on. Think Penrith showed in the second half how much better we’ll need to be if we’re to somehow contend after week one of the finals.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

nacho wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:33 pm]

Olam just doing olam things, or is his defence still rubbish? :lol:

Did this post make you feel better? Lol congrats I guess.

Olam looked more himself tonight and even when he was beaten he recovered well. If you can’t see the difference between how he was tonight and how he’s been overall this season you need an eye test.
Storm_M_36
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Considering it's the first time since 2015 that Panthers haven't scored in a match. You can't say this would be their worst under strength side since 2015!
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Great defensive performance. Even at the end when the game was as good as over we still put in some big efforts to keep the Panthers scoreless.

I thought Cooper Johns was good in defence, particularly on Kikau.
big_m
Squall
Squall

Huge performance. They were understrength but i wouldnt say more under strength than us if you factor in missing welch, hughes, papi, reimis smith, kaufusi, tepai. Problem is that they will have all their players back for finals and we wont.

What is the realistic expectation of this team now?