Warriors vs Storm Friday night footy

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

glennb wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:01 pm He will get two weeks if not less it is the panthers/Cleary. The NSW media they will make sure it is played down. They will talk about NAS and King to take it all off light of Cleary.
2 weeks works for me.
Storm_M_36
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Cleary to receive 3-5 weeks. According to the biased Fox Sports commentary.
SunshineCoastStormer
Squall
Squall

A win is a win

1st half discipline bad. NAS seemed almost too fired up.

Attack better. We seemed to hold our own on go forward in the middle which is decent considering the Warriors have a decent pack.

Meaney injury would be bad if it is a season ender.

Move on. Gold Coast at H then maybe some hope playing Penrith without their regular halves.

We had lost that winning feeling and it’s nice to have it back…
big_m
Squall
Squall

First game this season i couldnt watch but from the stats great to see jesse, tui, nas snd king all over 100m. When is the last time that happened?
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

big_m wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:13 am First game this season i couldnt watch but from the stats great to see jesse, tui, nas snd king all over 100m. When is the last time that happened?
Last time Jesse and Josh King got over 100 metres was round 9 v the Dragons.

It is the 4th time Tui has over 100 metres in 10 games this season. (His first game was round 10 v Panthers).

NAS has had over 100 metres in 13 of his 17 games.
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I know it sucks that we copped yet another backline injury last night, but gee Munster looked good at the back. Seemed to enjoy having the time and space that fullback has compared to what he normally has to work with.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Who plays 5/8 is the question? Johns, Nikorima, Wishart or Olam even?
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Looks like NAS and King not charged? Not on the charge sheet on NRL site but Frei of the warriors is.

Cleary 5-6 weeks.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Good news for us. In saying that though we really need NAS to calm down on the field.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Serious question here, if no forwards are hurt/ suspended after last night, should we pick Brandon Smith this week or make him play reserves as a wake up?
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Mattpoet wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:02 am Serious question here, if no forwards are hurt/ suspended after last night, should we pick Brandon Smith this week or make him play reserves as a wake up?
Nah, at this point, I think the focus needs to be on getting our best side onto the field and give them as much time as possible to get their combinations firing ahead of the finals. If we didn't drop under performers over the last month, I don't see the point in punishing a bloke who's already been punished.
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Mattpoet, I think Brandon Smith doesn't strike me as a person capable of self examination so a think a spell in the Q cup would be a waste of time. Another question to consider is if Meaney is out, who takes over Goal kicking?
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm assuming we're stuck with Munster but I'm hoping someone else stands up and takes the role. Johns kicks a little and I think Anderson might too. Can Hughes kick goals? I feel like Kenny would go ok too. Not sold on Munster though, he's very hit and miss.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I seem to remember Harry Grant kicking goals or I have got that wrong.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

You're partially correct, he's 0 for 3