RD 19 Rabbitohs vs Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

glennb wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:30 pm Because three do not want to be there any more
Whilst I suspect that may have some truth to it, you'd think they'd be treating this as their last serious chance at a premiership. I doubt they'll go close again for the rest of their careers.

lima lima lima duck this mid season signing bullshit.... bring on a post season trade period ffs
big_m
Squall
Squall

Our forwards have never really dominated this year even whrn we were playing well.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Olam has made so many awful decisions defensively this season. He runs hard though.
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

As much as the club is looking for an outside back, I feel like at this point it's a waste of time given how poor the forwards are playing. Find a decent forward
Meany did a solid job at the back tonight, and the rest of the spine cant do jack behind the lazy jokers
SunshineCoastStormer
Squall
Squall

Crikey that was a hard watch. Possibly the worst of the four.

Go forward shocking despite some effort from Tui, Nick Meaney and maybe Nelson.

Defensively feeble.

Spine trying but no weapons to use.

And there worst ? Souths were average. We are both mid table drifters
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Recon we will make the 8?
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Jesse is lost as captain

On fox they showed Bellamy talking to the team after the game then walking out …a captain would normally take charge say a few words or a speech …Jesse just sat with his head in his hands and nothing

That’s the first problem right there
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

nacho wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:31 pm Recon we will make the 8?
Between 4-8 most likely 5/6
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Giving Nelson a big minutes role tonight didn’t really work. Even with the forward pack being underdone he’s not that guy. If Bellamy was every going to do something different I hope it’s to give MacDonald an actual go. He’s inexperienced and might not be the answer but he at least runs hard and brings some enthusiasm.

Feel so bad for the spine players atm. They’re trying hard but having a really tough time trying to create something out of nothing atm.
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Is tepai back next week? Give Jesse a spell and put tepai in, please!

As for captain, who could we get to do the job in place of Jesse, he obviously doesn't cut the mustard as captain. He's not even cutting it as a player.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hughes would be my guess
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Lennart Bedrager wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:01 am Is tepai back next week? Give Jesse a spell and put tepai in, please!

As for captain, who could we get to do the job in place of Jesse, he obviously doesn't cut the mustard as captain. He's not even cutting it as a player.
Even if Tepai is not fit, I would bring Jordan Grant in for Jesse and give him more than 15 minutes on the field. At least Jordan would have a go.

Jesse has not reached 100 run metres in any of the last 9 games. If his name was Joe Bloggs he would have been dropped weeks ago.
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Scooter wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:05 am
Lennart Bedrager wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:01 am Is tepai back next week? Give Jesse a spell and put tepai in, please!

Even if Tepai is not fit, I would bring Jordan Grant in for Jesse and give him more than 15 minutes on the field. At least Jordan would have a go.

Jesse has not reached 100 run metres in any of the last 9 games. If his name was Joe Bloggs he would have been dropped weeks ago.
Fair and agreed!

Jesse has never been the same since his coke bust, but this year has just been laughable (if we didn't laugh we'd cry)
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just so tough to watch at the moment. Painful.

Our identity as a club has collapsed.

That first South’s try was enough to see how that game was going to go. The scoreline honestly flattered us in the end. We deserved another flogging.

Injuries are obviously at ridiculous levels. But that never gives anyone the excuse to stop trying.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

NAS charged for 2 incidents from last night.

Grade 1 Careless high tackle on Cameron Murray in first minute. If pleads guilty $3,000 fine or if fights and loses 2 match suspension.

Grade 1 Dangerous contact on Murray in 14th minute. Same as first charge $3,000 fine if pleads guilty or 2 match suspension if fights and loses.

I would say NAS will be lighter in the pocket and we plead guilty to both.