RD 19 Rabbitohs vs Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

How is it a fine or 2 matches??? :scratch:
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

How wasn't Cook charged?! Blatant and vicious attempt at knocking Seve out and nothing!
big_m
Squall
Squall

If we name the same forward pack this week then that is crazy. Get Tepai onto the bench and tui starting. Not sure what is up with jesse but he's not even making a bench contribution at this point.

Just looked at our 2020 grand final side. We had welch starting, Tino on the bench, Finucane on the bench, nas at lock. Totally different level to the pack we have now.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Tepai is injured
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

sallymay wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:46 pm Tepai is injured
Still? Or reinjured?

Nrl casualty ward has him listed as back in round 20. The storm injury report said he's back doing contact work.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

As far as I know Still injured.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Scooter wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:47 pm As far as I know Still injured.
What he said
big_m
Squall
Squall

When is he coming back? nrl site says this week
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

RedZed Injury Report: Round 19

melbournestorm.com.auTimestampTue 19 Jul 2022, 04:04 PM

Tepai Moeroa (shoulder): The forward has been cleared to start contact work this week, moving him closer to a return to the field
big_m
Squall
Squall

sounds like he may be a few weeks away
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Lennart Bedrager wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:58 am RedZed Injury Report: Round 19

melbournestorm.com.auTimestampTue 19 Jul 2022, 04:04 PM

Tepai Moeroa (shoulder): The forward has been cleared to start contact work this week, moving him closer to a return to the field
TBH we've really missed Tepai's massive hit up runs off the back fence. You could see the opposition line condense to control him...which left defensive holes in their line that are no longer there as only NAS currently has that sort of crazy effect (and Welchy when he was out there).

Tui just doesn't have that frightening line breaking or line bending awe about him...and Jesse.....well we fortunately we had the best of Jesse from 2012 - 2018 but sadly its been missing for quite a while now
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Stormhunter
Squall
Squall

Bit of perspective here. Jesse and Josh have carried us this year.
NAS doesn't do a pre season so starts the year short on fitness
Christian is gone rd1
Tui missing until rd 10
No Jordan or Tom until this month
Tepai took a while to really start making an impact then getting injured
Brandon's form this year below his best.

And a shout out to one of the two Queensland Cup players in our starting 13 Marion Seve. Teams are throwing the kitchen sink at him. I think he's our best option out of Anderson and Ieremia if we're going anywhere this year.
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I’m not sure if this is a weird take but does anyone else think the club is really badly missing Dale Finucane?

He was part of the leadership circle, seasoned, successful and during the origin period last year really put in some stellar performances.

It seems like his battle-hardened approach to football and contact in the pack might be lacking a tad here.

I’m not necessarily saying the decision to let him leave was a bad one though.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Although he might add some much-needed on-field leadership for us (even a minor contribution there would be a step up from what we've got currently), I think it would take more than Finucane to fix our forward woes. His replacement this year has been a major downgrade in my opinion, but Dale has also missed 5 games for the Sharks this year as well, and has only played around 40-50 minutes (or less) in 9 of 13 games. Welch has been the massive loss for us this year (along with the continual slide of Jesse and the loss of form from Tui since his return).

I've already moved on from 2022 and are looking forward to an improved 2023 with hopefully a lot more luck and a lot less injuries than this year. It's now the Panthers then daylight in the hunt for the premiership this year, but even the Panthers would be nowhere with the level of injuries we've endured this year, so let's just chalk this up to a 'gap' year where we can relax a bit without the stress & expectation of our usual/benchmark standards of success.
Mstorm1999
Squall
Squall

My Full strength team when everyone is fit hopefully leading into finals.

Forwards need a rocket up their asses and if they can lift and at least come close to matching it with the other teams then we definitely have the spine and backs to give it a real shake.

Another 6 weeks with Meaney at fullback will do him and the spine combination wonders.
Nofoaluma I think is a great signing. Experience, superb finisher and does the hard tough runs that we are lacking in our backline which will help the forwards out more.
Coates back in strengthens our backline.
B smith and Moeroa onto the bench give us more impact and punch.

As long as Jesse, Kenny & King stand up more I think things could still turn around come finals and we can still give it a good shot.

Have some faith.

1. Meaney
2. Nofoaluma
3. Seve/Warbrick
4. Olam
5. Coates
6. Munster
7. Hughes
8. J Bromwich
9. Grant
10. Solomona
11. Kaufusi