Round 17: 07.07 (Thu 19:50) Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks vs Melbourne Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Uhhhh
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think I speak for many of us when I say we don't mind losing. What SHITS us is when we play bad it's not just bad like Wests Tigers or Titans, we play like a dumpster full of dog shit set on fire, it doesn't just go wrong it goes monumentally bad, injuries, sin bins, out enthused, skills you name it.

With elite coaching and still half a dozen representative players, we look like the Thunderbolts

I do think teams also aim up when they play with us which doesn't help..but far out, when things go bad the heads go down and stay down.
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Does anyone have even the slightest idea why Brandon was binned? Nien seem to be ignoring that it even happened
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Lennart Bedrager wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:21 pm Does anyone have even the slightest idea why Brandon was binned? Nien seem to be ignoring that it even happened
Facebook indicates he was spat on as he left the field.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Lennart Bedrager wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:21 pm Does anyone have even the slightest idea why Brandon was binned? Nien seem to be ignoring that it even happened
Obviously disrespected the ref
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Social media are saying he said something very rude and unkind to the ref, who heard it.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

He said something offensive to the ref.
The fact he didn't argue the sin bin makes me think it was probably warranted.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

nacho wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:24 pm
I saw that, he stopped near the bottom of the tunnel and was filthy about something. Still no idea why he was sent though
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

nacho wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:17 pm I think I speak for many of us when I say we don't mind losing. What SHITS us is when we play bad it's not just bad like Wests Tigers or Titans, we play like a dumpster full of dog shit set on fire, it doesn't just go wrong it goes monumentally bad, injuries, sin bins, out enthused, skills you name it.

With elite coaching and still half a dozen representative players, we look like the Thunderbolts

I do think teams also aim up when they play with us which doesn't help..but far out, when things go bad the heads go down and stay down.
I’m too young to remember much of the early 2000s but this is far and away the worst patch of form I’ve ever seen from the Storm. It’s so mediocre.
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Lennart Bedrager wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:28 pm
nacho wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:24 pm
I saw that, he stopped near the bottom of the tunnel and was filthy about something. Still no idea why he was sent though
Ahhh.... bright bloke
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bad news is we can’t drop guys because the depth is already pretty shot. We haven’t looked like scoring tonight and have had a rough time defensively again. 2022 might be a write off.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Why is Jesse playing link man? That's the fourth or fifth time. Meanwhile he has barely carried the ball forward.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

And more injuries... Anderson, Seve and Kenny.

Plus Pappy looks proppy.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Check Jesse's run meters for the half dozen games and he has had hardly any runs. He is just playing out his time, doing nothing
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

blazza18 wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:32 pm Bad news is we can’t drop guys because the depth is already pretty shot. We haven’t looked like scoring tonight and have had a rough time defensively again. 2022 might be a write off.
Depth issues or not, there are a couple who need to go.

One who can stay in Sydney and one who can take the bus north.