Round 17: 07.07 (Thu 19:50) Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks vs Melbourne Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

A couple of forwards look like they've clocked off and are thinking about their qld retirement ...
This is why the nrl needs a trade period
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

The bad news is we have another half of this dross to ensure.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

glennb wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:31 pm Is anyone watching channel nine? Gus has apparently said the same thing four times. Anyone heard and know what it is?
And sadly he's 100% correct. Where is the Melbourne Storm?
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

glennb wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:31 pm Is anyone watching channel nine? Gus has apparently said the same thing four times. Anyone heard and know what it is?
Said they don’t look like the storm he once knew
Don’t look like they will be scoring
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

The lack of effort is by far the most upsetting part. I don't mind losing if they go down fighting, but this week and last have been abysmal in terms of 80 minute efforts
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Know things are really bad when the opponent is getting forward passes let go and try scorers being offside and everyone just ignores it.

The lack of game awareness from a few players completely kills us every week. Makes you wonder what they’re being coached. Meaney’s utility value is fools gold for mine. Making him anything but a winger hurts him and us. Unfortunately our depth has been nonexistent.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Do we know any set plays besides Hughes Double right step? It's good but I a few more strings would be handy to have in our bow.

Olam has tried his hardest and I'm just worried his tank might be empty soon. It is encouraging to see he and Ieramia are working better together, the defence on Katoa early in the game was good, yes not the perfect game but improvement is what we are after!

I do think Kenny specifically looks like he's clocked off. Benefit of the doubt Jesse is trying as captain and I'd say Brandon may not be the saviour we once thought he was.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

"Know things are really bad when the opponent is getting forward passes let go and try scorers being offside and everyone just ignores it."

If this was happening to the Rosters there would be a Daily Telegraph lead investigation at the NRL.
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

glennb wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:49 pm "Know things are really bad when the opponent is getting forward passes let go and try scorers being offside and everyone just ignores it."

If this was happening to the Rosters there would be a Daily Telegraph lead investigation at the NRL.
Some of the officiating lately has stunk... but that's no excuse for the lack of effort.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

In my opinion Jesse moved to the Dolphins weeks ago and Kenny is now joining him. Smith only likes it when things make him look good
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I expected us to have vastly improved enthusiasm and effort from last week.

Alas not.

Jesse again not setting an example. Clear why we didn't offer him a contract for next year.

Not sure who we have that we can bring into forward pack. Craig bring Jordan Grant on can't be any worse.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Half time

I don't have enough expletives in me!

Seriously, can anyone other than Paps, Smith and Olam have a real go?

Josh King needs time in the reserves, along with Jesse, Lewis aint much more than a bench option, Nelson is not a starter, forwards cannot make metres and get dominated in defence. Two tries conceded with players (forwards) left on the ground. Awful
It all starts in the forwards...

Meaney I respect but looks like he's been given the car to drive but not the keys, everything has to be Hughes and too easy for the defence. (Maybe Hughes needs to float around the field more?)

Do not blame the lack of Munster and Grant, the fellas out there should be putting their hands up a bit more. (As I type this I think of Meaney's seemingly less than spirited run after the kick through and try)

Craig Bellamy, if plan A fails resort to plan A.

Thursday night with no other sport on TV, the Storm bosses should be furious.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Alec MacDonald has made a couple of good runs since coming on.

Lewy doesn't look crash hot.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

It's just embarrassing how many times Paps or Hughes has gone to dummy half because Brandon wasn't in position.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Scooter wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:56 pm Alec MacDonald has made a couple of good runs since coming on.

Lewy doesn't look crash hot.
Alec looks like he's fired out of a cannon most runs, I think his enthusiasm is extremely needed. I support his inclusion each week.

Brandon's kick sums up our night.

Now papi has lima lima lima duck his finger