Round 16: 30.06 (Thu 19:50) Manly Sea Eagles v Melbourne Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

riders of the storm wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:23 pm I hate to call it but this team’s completely lost its identity.

Even at their worst a few years ago the Storm wouldn’t be leaking tries like this and would fall back on defence and grit to grab a game back.

Everything now is about the cute plays - the attempt at an offload close to the try line, the risky chip kick. None of the fundamentals of running hard, chasing kicks well and showing discipline in defence are there.

None of these guys are showing any passion or desire. This is immensely disappointing and been evident ever since those two losses against Penrith and North Queensland earlier this year.

Very angry.
Couldn’t agree more.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Woke up too late unfortunately. Last 6 minutes was amazing.

Alas I was looking forward to Nikorima debuting but alas he struggled. Although, it wasn't all his fault as I had seen on other forums.

Looks like Meaney will be back at 6 next week, with our Origin players out.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Not saying he's the answer but what has happened to Cooper Johns, is he still in the squad?
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yikes. That was poo. Take the loss and move on. A few weeks of pain until SOO finishes and the team can reset.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

nacho wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:47 pm Saab won't even have to jump this week.
Nostradamus prediction, I will bow to you good sir!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bullucked wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:15 pm Not saying he's the answer but what has happened to Cooper Johns, is he still in the squad?
Calf injury
Bartos
Squall
Squall

Cooper John's is not the answer to any question. He is a child out there, like Nikorima
SunshineCoastStormer
Squall
Squall

Bellamy pretty fair in his presser.

Disappointed but not a complete dressing down.

Still got to remember our back line is very make shift and Kafusi/Munster were critical late withdrawals (we were still bad especially from 30-60mins mark)

Big game v Sharks next week.

Maybe we will line up something like?

Paps
Ieremia
Seve
Olam
Anderson
Meaney
Hughes
J Brom
Cheese
NAS
K Brom
Lewis
King

Wishart
Kamikamica
McDonald
Loreiro
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

SunshineCoastStormer pretty spot on. Tui might start in place.of NAS. If Trent is still not fit, probably Jordan Grant on the bench.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Was there anything about Tui being injured last night? He wasn't good but only played 25 minutes.

He's not really kicked on as much as I thought he would. There were signs in previous years of him being the workhorse of the forward pack but he's just another guy out there for us atm. Outside of Nelson and sometimes Brandon the forward pack just has no punch to it.
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

One of the worst performance I've seen in years (I didn't watch the Cowboys game as I was working at the time).

Don't know what to say, looked like only Smith, NAS and Olam gave a shit out there, that was the most disappointing part.

Hard to criticise Paps, it was only his first game back.

Seems like we've forgotten how to win tough/ugly, it's either win by 20 and play amazing or go behind and lose the plot.

And someone else mentioned, why was Paps kicking?? Meaney is a much better striker of the ball! Surely he should be our #1 kicker

Anyway, It's not panic stations yet, we have 5 big names out tonight (Remis, Coates, Munster, Welch, Felise) and Manly away is never an easy trip.. But it is disappointing when we lose through mainly a lack of effort... some of those tries were so soft.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Paps has earned the right to be the goal kicker when healthy but it was odd to see him take over at the end there after it looked like the plan would be for Meaney to take the kicks. Maybe it was Paps trying to take ownership or some responsibility?
SunshineCoastStormer
Squall
Squall

It turned out a big error Paps missing 2 kicks / letting him take them…

Meaney takes them it’s 36-34 when the last try is scored and it’s a kick to level for golden point. Instead of abandoning the last kick at 36-30.

A bit if hindsight but Meanaey was kicking well and no need to take it off him tonight…
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I don’t think the answer is to keep changing the squad cause I think that is the actual problem…we haven’t had the same squad in forever it’s like every week we are all meeting 1/2 before the game and expected to win each game …gotta stick with the players we have and get through this period

Also first game back paps score a. Try and kicks a couple of goals and he is back on top on the top points scorer list …the guys a freak
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

SunshineCoastStormer wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:32 am It turned out a big error Paps missing 2 kicks / letting him take them…

Meaney takes them it’s 36-34 when the last try is scored and it’s a kick to level for golden point. Instead of abandoning the last kick at 36-30.

A bit if hindsight but Meanaey was kicking well and no need to take it off him tonight…
I'd argue Meaney is the better kicked, regardless of who has the better % at this stage, he seems to have better technique and hits them better. Loyalty should have nothing to do with it.